The new issue of Film Stories is currently being printed, and will be shipping from Monday 18th March – and here’s what’s in it.
The fourth issue of Film Stories magazine is now on sale. What’s more, we’re proud as punch to be the first movie magazine/website to make Jessie Buckley our cover star. She’s headlining the wonderful movie Wild Rose, and we’re thrilled we’re able to support local talent and an amazing local film with the magazine.
In the new issue, Jessie talks to us about the making of the movie, right down to how a bunch of visas being lost in the post nearly scuppered location filming.
Here’s the front cover of the new issue – and if you scroll further down, we’ll tell you what’s in it!
Inside the magazine…
- The rise of 4DX, and the thrill of having water lugged in your face while you’re at the movies
- A celebration of the Hollywood stunt performer – and the dangers they’ve had to overcome
- The representation of autism in modern cinema
- Columns from Anna Smith, Debbie Moon, Hope Dickson Leach and Romesh Ranganathan
- The incredible box office run of Bette Midler (that nobody seems to talk about)
- The secret confessions of a cinema manager (short version: yikes)
- How East Is East and Wild West broadened British cinema in the 1990s
- Should movie directors read your Tweets?
- The impact of Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels on British film
- More tips from the Raindance Film Institute
- The movie career of Alan Smithee
- And much, much, much more
We’ve tried to give you a fair amount there for your money. And heck, if we can tempt you to subscribe? Well, that’d be amazing. Discounts start from buying just three issues, and here’s another SUBTLE ORDER LINK that takes you direct to our subs page.
Without your (incredible) support, we wouldn’t be able to make this magazine, nor continue to do so. Thanks to everyone who’s supported us, bought a copy, helped spread the word. Means the world.