Dolly back your deckchair in astonishment! It’s time for another Friday film quiz, and some of the questions in this week’s selection come from the very end of the movies they’re about.
There are another 30 movie-related questions in this week’s edition, suitable for solo or team play or simply nicking and reading out because it’s your turn to quizmaster for friends and family. It’s a nice chewy sandwich of a quiz this week, with some famous last lines flanked by more general knowledge questions in the first and last rounds.
At the bottom of this post, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers once you’ve completed all three rounds. Please do get in touch in the comments and let us know how you did (scores out of 31 this week!) – we’re open to any other feedback or requests for specialist rounds too! Here’s your first round…
ROUND ONE – This Week in Movie History
This round is around about new releases and general film history from this week in years past – we’ve given you the year at the start of each question to help out!
- 1976 – Famously born on the 6th day of the 6th month at 6:00 a.m., Damien Thorn is the antagonist in which horror movie series?
- 1998 – Released in the UK this week, The Wedding Singer is set in which decade?
- 1989 – Which Star Trek actor directed the series’ fifth big-screen outing, The Final Frontier?
- 2020 – In the news this week, which 2017 musical became the first ever film to surpass a million digital download sales in the UK?
- 1974 – Born this week, who plays Jay to Kevin Smith’s Silent Bob?
- 2005 – Which action comedy marked the first collaboration between Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie?
- 1963 – Starring Elizabeth Taylor, which historical epic’s famously expensive sets were later borrowed wholesale by the producers of its Carry On parody?
- 1997 – Who plays Barbara Wilson, aka Batgirl, in Batman & Robin?
- 1983 – Which Eddie Murphy comedy’s mind-boggling finale revolves around the future of frozen concentrated orange juice?
- 2011 – What kind of animal is Lord Shen, the villain in Kung Fu Panda 2?
ROUND TWO – One Last Question…
This round’s nice and straightforward and quite tough, probably – if these final lines from movies are the questions, then the titles of those movies are the answers. Once again, we’ve included the year it was released, and all you have to do is name the movie…
- “I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?” (1986)
- “Say friend, ya got any more of that good sarsaparilla?” (1998)
- “Eliza? Where the devil are my slippers?” (1964)
- “One more thing, Sofie… is she aware her daughter is still alive?” (2003)
- “Well, I know what I’ve got here. Come on. I’ll buy you a drink. You know, a drink?” (1981)
- “Kevin, what have you done to my room?” (1990)
- “What about the person we show it to? What happens to them?” (2002)
- “What are you thinking? How are you feeling? What have we done to each other? What will we do?” (2014)
- “Now, where was I?” (2000)
- “It’s too bad she won’t live – but then again, who does?” (1982)
(And for a cheeky bonus point, which 2011 movie closes with the typewritten bit pictured above?)
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
Let’s finish with a random selection of pot luck movie questions – these could come from any era, any genre, or any level of difficulty. Enjoy!
- Since statues are in the news this week, which Singin’ In The Rain star is immortalised in statue form (pictured above) for Leicester Square’s 2020 Scenes In The Square exhibition?
- Which Oscar winner provided the voice of Draco, the last dragon, in 1996’s Dragonheart?
- Starring Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann, This Is 40 is a spin-off from which 2007 comedy?
- Which Disney film features the songs “Shiny”, “We Know The Way”, and “You’re Welcome”?
- Including crossovers, how many Predator movies have been released to date?
- On which fictional New England island is Jaws largely set?
- Who plays Withnail in Withnail & I?
- What three-word phrase does Westley repeat to Princess Buttercup throughout The Princess Bride?
- Who connects the films Be Cool, The Producers, and My Super Ex-Girlfriend?
- And finally, what is the name of Bill and Ted’s band, whose music will one day teach the world to be excellent to each other?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page). And let us know your scores did in the comments below!
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.