“You call this archaeology?” No, we call it this week’s weekend film quiz, which features several questions about the adventures of Indiana Jones.
While compiling this week’s 30 film-related questions, it felt like a good time to do some questions on LucasFilm’s other long-running franchise. The fifth, James Mangold-directed Indy adventure may be a while off yet, but 2021 marks 40 years since Raiders Of The Lost Ark hit cinemas, Channel 4 has been showing all four films on Saturday nights this month, and heck, it’s always a good week to see Nazis being punched in the face.
Once you’ve completed all three rounds, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. Please do get in touch in the comments and let us know how you did (scores out of 30 as usual this week) and give us any other lovely feedback. Start the engine, Jock!
ROUND ONE – This Week In Movie History
This round is about new UK cinema releases and general film history from this week in years past – we’ve given you the year at the start of each question to help out!
- 1998 – Who plays the devil in The Devil’s Advocate?
- 1965 – In which classic movie musical does Audrey Hepburn play Eliza Doolittle?
- 2019 – Complete the trilogy – Unbreakable, Split…
- 1989 – Which group provided the song “Kokomo” for the soundtrack of 1988’s Cocktail?
- 2008 – Who directed Cloverfield?
- 2011 – Which Tchaikovsky ballet features prominently in Black Swan?
- 1938 – Which duo co-star in the comedy western Way Out West?
- 2005 – Which Jennifer Garner-led comic book movie is a spin-off of 2003’s Daredevil?
- 1996 – In which film does Nicolas Cage play alcoholic screenwriter Ben Sanderson?
- 1948 – Born this week, which filmmaker’s most recent directorial credit was the 2010 horror The Ward?
ROUND TWO – Fortune And Glory
Raiders Of The Lost Ark turns 40 this year, but it’s not the years, honey, it’s the mileage. Here’s a round on the cinematic adventures of Indiana Jones…
- What first name is shared by Sean Connery, Harrison Ford, and Shia LaBeouf’s characters in the Indiana Jones movies?
- Which Christian artefact are Indy and his father trying to find in The Last Crusade?
- In what decade is Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull set?
- What is the name of Indy’s junior sidekick, played by Ke Huy Quan in Temple Of Doom?
- What poisoned fruit does the capuchin monkey spy eat in Raiders Of The Lost Ark?
- Who plays Marion Ravenwood in Raiders Of The Lost Ark and Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull?
- In which country is the Temple Of Doom located?
- Which real-life historical figure does Grange Hill‘s Michael Sheard play in The Last Crusade?
- What kind of animal is Reggie in Raiders Of The Lost Ark?
- What comes next in this sequence – a mountain, a gong, another mountain…
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
Let’s finish with a random selection of pot luck movie questions – these could come from any era, any genre, or any level of difficulty. Enjoy!
- Which 1971 family film features the song “Pure Imagination”?
- In 300, Gerard Butler’s Leonidas is the king of which city-state?
- The teen comedy Bring It On is set in the world of which sporting activity?
- Who plays US marshal Karen Sisco in 1998’s Out Of Sight?
- Not to be confused with the popular video-game series of the same name, which 1977 comedy road movie was Ron Howard’s directorial debut?
- Ralph Breaks The Internet is the 2018 sequel to which animated film?
- Who plays US Secret Service agent Frank Horrigan in 1993’s In The Line Of Fire?
- Complete the title of the 2008 romantic comedy – Nick And Norah’s Infinite…
- Which British zombie film connects Gemma Arterton, Glenn Close, and Paddy Considine?
- And finally, how many of Martin Scorsese’s feature films has Leonardo DiCaprio starred in to date?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page). We’ll have another quiz for you next Friday, but until then, let us know your scores in the comments below!
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.