Welcome to the best and only Julie Walters-themed film quiz on the internet this weekend – here’s your weekly serving of 30 film-related questions.
Are we really doing a Julie Walters round? Yes, because she’s brilliant and she’s on our list of movie stars we’re going dedicate quiz rounds to in the next few months. And seeing as it’s her birthday this weekend, what better time is there to celebrate one of Britain’s acting faves with a few trivia teasers of varying difficulty? As always, there’s a round of more general movie questions on either side!
Once you’ve completed all three rounds, you’ll find a link to a separate post with the correct answers at the bottom of this post. Please let us know how you did in the comments (scores out of 30 as usual this week) and give us any other lovely feedback. Good luck!
ROUND ONE – This Week In Movie History
This round is about new UK cinema releases and general film history from this week in years past – we’ve given you the year at the start of each question to help out!
- 2014 – Bricksburg is the setting for which animated film?
- 1988 – Which beloved British comedy connects Richard E Grant, Paul McGann, and Richard Griffiths?
- 2001 – Who replaced Jodie Foster as Clarice Starling in Hannibal?
- 1985 – In which Oscar-winning drama does Tom Hulce play Mozart?
- 1995 – Which Hollywood star’s poster covers Andy Dufresne’s exit from Shawshank prison in The Shawshank Redemption?
- 1998 – Which comedy film stars Kenan Thompson and Kel Mitchell as fast-food workers?
- 2020 – Who stars as a frontiersman opposite a large CG-doggo in Chris Sanders’ The Call Of The Wild?
- 1983 – The Skeksis are villains in which fantasy film?
- 1970 – Which James Bond star plays a man who haunts himself, in The Man Who Haunted Himself?
- 2007 – Which comedy film connects Cate Blanchett, Steve Coogan, and Peter Jackson?
ROUND TWO – The Julie Walters Round
From Potter to Paddington, here’s 10 questions about the great Julie Walters’ filmography to date…
- What type of dance does Mrs Wilkinson teach in Billy Elliot?
- Co-starring Michael Caine, which 1983 comedy-drama marked Walters’ feature-film debut?
- What connects Walters’ characters in Brave, Paddington, and Wild Rose?
- “Not my daughter, you bitch!” In Harry Potter, what is the name of Molly Weasley’s only daughter?
- Which Monty Python star directed Walters as brothel manager Christine Painter in 1987’s Personal Services?
- Which author’s mother does Walters play in Becoming Jane?
- In which 2003 comedy does Walters play a widow who strips for a photoshoot to raise money for charity?
- Complete the title of the 2017 drama – Film Stars Don’t Die In…
- In which 2020 family film does Walters play housekeeper Mrs Medlock?
- Which ABBA song does Walters serenade Stellan Skarsgård with at the end of the first Mamma Mia?
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
Let’s finish with a random selection of pot luck movie questions – these could come from any era, any genre, or any level of difficulty. Enjoy!
- Which country connects The Third Man, The Sound Of Music, and Before Sunrise?
- What form of transport is Red October in The Hunt For Red October?
- Who plays Tonya Harding in 2017’s I, Tonya?
- Including remakes and sequels, how many Karate Kid films have been released to date?
- In France, which Hollywood comedy trilogy goes by the international title Very Bad Trip?
- “If she doesn’t scare you, no evil thing will” is a lyric from which Disney song?
- Who plays Arthur Dent in the 2005 film of The Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy?
- Money Never Sleeps is the sequel to which 1980s drama?
- Who directed 1977’s The Hills Have Eyes?
- And finally, what number goes before Minutes, Hours, and Days to make the titles of three different movies based on true stories?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page). We’ll have another quiz for you next Friday, but until then, let us know your scores in the comments below!
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.