Deep Impact or Armageddon? Just one of the questions you’ll face in this week’s Friday film quiz, the trivia scramble where no one can hear you scream.
We’ve compiled another three rounds of movie-related questions to keep you going today and over the weekend – whether you’re playing solo, teaming up over Zoom, or acting as the quizmaster yourself, we hope you have a lovely time with these questions on movie history, taglines, and films in general.
As always, you can find the answers in a separate post, which we’ll link after the questions below. If you’ve enjoyed the quiz or have any feedback, we’d love to hear from you in the comments. Make sure you let us know how you scored! Without any further ado, here’s this week’s quiz…
ROUND ONE – This Week in Movie History
This round is around about new releases and general film history from this week in years past – we’ve given you the year at the start of each question to help out!
- 2008 – What is the full title of the fourth Indiana Jones movie?
- 1985 – Who played James Bond in A View To A Kill?
- 1998 – Which of this year’s asteroid movies opened in cinemas first – Armageddon or Deep Impact?
- 1946 – Born this week, which wrestler-turned-actor plays Fezzik in The Princess Bride?
- 1992 – TV producer Benjamin Oliver is the villain in which comedy film?
- 2014 – Which monster movie features Ken Watanabe’s meme-tastic line “Let them fight”?
- 2019 – Which film won the Palme d’Or at the Cannes film festival, and went on to sweep this year’s Oscars?
- 1990 – Who played the Grand High Witch in Nicolas Roeg’s The Witches?
- 2005 – Who appears in both the 1974 sports comedy The Longest Yard and its remake?
- 1980 – Who voices Yoda, first seen 40 years ago this week in The Empire Strikes Back?
ROUND TWO – Titans Will Clash!
Just when you thought it was safe to carry on with the quiz… here are 10 memorable movie taglines, but which movie are they selling? We’ve included the year again…
- “May the odds be ever in your favour” (2012)
- “Man is the warmest place to hide” (1982)
- “When he said ‘I do’, he never said what he did” (1994)
- “Hear the pictures. See the music.” (1940)
- “The dancing’s over. Now it gets dirty.” (1989)
- “Escape or die frying” (2000)
- “Saving the world takes a little Hart and a big Johnson” (2016)
- “The last man on Earth is not alone” (2007)
- “His story will touch you, even though he can’t” (1990)
- “Good things come in bears” (2010)
ROUND THREE – Pot Luck
Let’s finish with a random selection of pot luck movie questions – these could come from any era, any genre, or any level of difficulty. Enjoy!
- According to this week’s survey by Buzz Bingo, what is the sweariest film ever made?
- Who connects the films Mamma Mia!, Paddington, and Wild Rose?
- What title was given to Best Picture contender Ford Vs Ferrari in the UK and Europe?
- Who played the titular boy in 2002’s About A Boy?
- Which actor reprised his role from Alien for a brief gag in Mel Brooks’ Spaceballs?
- In the Ice Age movies, what kind of animals are Manny and Ellie?
- Who connects the films Interview With The Vampire, Jumanji, and Hidden Figures?
- What was Arnold Schwarzenegger’s first movie sequel?
- Which novel inspired both 1995’s Clueless and a 2020 film starring Anya Taylor-Joy?
- And finally, in the week a new Zack Snyder cut of Justice League was announced, which director once completed and released their version of Superman II on a 2006 DVD release?
Ready for the answers?
That’s the end of this week’s quiz – when you’re ready to check your answers, click here to get them (it’ll take you to another page). And let us know your scores did in the comments below!
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.