Here are the answers to our quiz from 10th September 2021 – how did you do?
1. Who plays Ash the android in Alien?
2. Which Alfred Hitchcock horror film connects Tippi Hedren, Rod Taylor, and Jessica Tandy?
3. Wikus van der Merwe is the main character in which sci-fi film?
4. What is the one-word title of James Wan’s new horror film, released in cinemas this week?
5. Which comic-book movie is mostly set inside the Peach Trees tower block?
6. Released posthumously, Eyes Wide Shut is the final film by which director?
7. Which thriller connects Dan Stevens, Maika Monroe, and Lance Reddick?
8. Complete the title of the 1985 comedy starring Madonna – Desperately Seeking…
9. Which drama stars Saoirse Ronan, Romola Garai, and Vanessa Redgrave as the same character?
Atonement (they all play Bryony Tallis at different ages)
10. Born this week, who plays Elliott Taylor in E.T. The Extra Terrestrial?
11. The Fugees play a deadly game of hide-and-seek on their wedding night. (2019)
Ready Or Not
12. U2 conduct a dangerous experiment involving biological transmogrification. (1986)
13. The Specials see dead people. (2007)
14. Green energy researcher Diana Ross is framed for murder and treason. (1996)
15. Mint Royale gets caught up in the transition from silent films to talkies. (1952)
Singin’ In The Rain
16. Lil Dicky and Chris Brown swap bodies for a day. (1976)
17. MARRS broadcast from a pirate radio station in their parents’ basement. (1990)
Pump Up The Volume
18. Gary Numan learns life lessons during a forced pitstop in small-town America. (2006)
19. Little Mix star in the first winner of the Academy Award for Best Picture. (1927)
20. Paul Anka gets divorced, falls for a heart surgeon, and meets an untimely demise. (2013)
21. Who connects the film spoofs Silent Movie, High Anxiety, and Spaceballs?
22. In the news – what is the full title of the upcoming fourth Matrix film?
The Matrix: Resurrections
23. Which rapper-turned-actor plays Captain Dickson in the Jump Street films?
24. “I love the smell of napalm in the morning” is a quote from which 1979 film?
25. Which director’s debut feature was 1985’s Pee-wee’s Big Adventure?
26. Red White And Blonde is the sequel to which 2001 comedy?
27. Who plays the mummy in the 1959 Hammer horror The Mummy?
28. How many Hours make up the timeframe of Danny Boyle’s 2011 survival thriller?
127, as in 127 Hours
29. Set in Africa, which epic war film stars Michael Caine as Lieutenant Gonville Bromhead?
30. And finally, which American horror threequel was retitled Captain Supermarket for its Japanese release?
Army Of Darkness (hey, we sort of went from Ash to Ash, which is almost another UK number 1. Anybody? No? OK, see you next week…)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.