Here are the answers to our quiz from 11th March 2022 – how did you do?
1. Who plays Will Hunting in Good Will Hunting?
2. Which Pixar movie features Tom Holland and Chris Pratt as elf brothers?
3. Which band’s song “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” opens and closes The Breakfast Club?
4. Which comedy caper revolves around the theft of a Renaissance-era portrait called “Boy With Apple”?
The Grand Budapest Hotel
5. Complete the title of the Danny DeVito-directed black comedy, The War Of The…
6. Ozymandias, Silk Spectre, and The Comedian are characters in which comic book movie?
7. Born this week, who connects the 1990s films Total Recall, Casino, and The Quick And The Dead?
8. Which prototype police droid does Sharlto Copley play in the 2015 sci-fi film of the same name?
(nudges girlfriend and points at the screen) That’s Chappie, in Chappie
9. What is the title of Martin Scorsese’s sequel to 1961’s The Hustler?
The Colour Of Money
10. Which comedy character became the MP for Staines in his TV-to-film spin-off?
Ali G, in Ali G Indahouse
11. Notable not so much for its lifelike graphics as its Bug’s Life-like premise, what was the first feature film released by DreamWorks Animation?
12. Julia Roberts and Charlize Theron both played queens in 2012 adaptations of which Grimm brothers fairy tale?
Snow White (Mirror Mirror and Snow White And The Huntsman, respectively)
13. In the 2000 movie space race, which of these films was directed by Brian de Palma – Mission To Mars or Red Planet?
Mission To Mars
14. Which significant event in World War II connects two Best Picture Oscar nominees released in 2017?
The Dunkirk evacuation (which is covered in both Darkest Hour and Dunkirk)
15. Which movie has an Oscar-winning President – Olympus Has Fallen or White House Down?
It’s President Jamie Foxx in White House Down (Morgan Freeman would become POTUS in the sequel Angel Has Fallen, but it’s Aaron Eckhart in the first two)
16. Which mythical hero was played by Dwayne Johnson and Kellan Lutz in different 2014 movies?
Hercules, in Hercules and The Legend Of Hercules respectively.
17. Which of 2011’s casual sex comedies stars Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis – No Strings Attached or Friends With Benefits?
Friends With Benefits (the former was Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher)
18. Which David Cronenberg-directed virtual-reality thriller was released the same year as The Matrix?
19. What connects Tom Hanks’ work partner and James Belushi’s work partner in two different 1989 cop comedies?
They’re dogs (in Turner & Hooch and K-9)
20. “Heaven and Earth are about to collide” is the tagline to which 1998 asteroid movie – Armageddon or Deep Impact?
Deep Impact (which also has Morgan Freeman as POTUS)
21. In the news! Ewan McGregor is reprising his role as Obi Wan Kenobi on Disney+, but who played the character in the original Star Wars trilogy?
22. Which 2018 romantic comedy connects Constance Wu, Henry Golding, and Awkwafina?
Crazy Rich Asians
23. Who directed 1999’s The Iron Giant?
24. “I’m as mad as hell and I’m not going to take this anymore” is a famous quote from which 1976 drama?
25. How many Kung Fu Panda feature films have been released to date?
26. Who connects the films The Lighthouse, Tenet, and Twilight?
27. Also in the news! Which 2007 Will Smith blockbuster is getting a prequel, co-starring Michael B. Jordan?
I Am Legend – read more on that here
28. What title connects a 1974 sports comedy starring Burt Reynolds and a 2005 remake starring Adam Sandler?
The Longest Yard
29. Directed by Katherine Bigelow, which film stars Harrison Ford and Liam Neeson as submarine captains?
K19: The Widowmaker
30. And finally, what connects Vivien Leigh in Gone With The Wind, Karen Gillan in the Jumanji movies, and Will Ferrell in the Anchorman movies?
Their characters all have shades of red in their names – Scarlett O’Hara, Ruby Roundhouse, and Ron Burgundy, respectively…
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.