Here are the answers to our quiz from 11th September 2020 – how did you do?
1. What is the name of the dancing clown in Andy Muschietti’s IT movies?
2. Which film won Steven Spielberg his second Best Director Oscar?
Saving Private Ryan
3. Born this week, who plays Marilyn Monroe in My Week With Marilyn?
4. Which Alfred Hitchcock horror film is set in Bodega Bay, California?
5. In Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy, what kind of animal is Ling Wong?
She’s a panda
6. What is the name of Sean Young’s replicant character in Blade Runner?
7. Which historical figure does Mel Gibson portray in Braveheart?
8. Which crime drama stars Tom Hardy, Shia LaBeouf, and Jason Clarke as the Bondurant brothers?
9. Who plays Susan in Desperately Seeking Susan?
10. Released in UK cinemas this week, which spy thriller was the first new release to receive a 12A certificate?
The Bourne Identity
11. “Whoever Wins, We Lose” was the tagline to which “versus” monster movie?
Alien Vs Predator
12. In Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, how many evil exes does Ramona Flowers have?
13. Who plays Joe in Joe Versus The Volcano?
14. Which other monster features in the first Godzilla “versus” movie, released in 1962?
King Kong, in King Kong Vs Godzilla
15. Which Taika Waititi-directed comedy stars Jemaine Clement and Loren Horsley as an unlikely couple?
Eagle Vs Shark
16. What name crucially connects Batman and Superman’s mothers?
17. Which DreamWorks animated movie features the characters Ginormica, B.O.B, and Dr Cockroach?
Monsters Vs Aliens
18. Who plays Larry Flynt in The People Vs Larry Flynt?
19. Which British comedy pits Alan Ford, Richard Briers, and Honor Blackman against the undead?
Cockneys Vs Zombies
20. Which member of Destiny’s Child stars in Freddy Vs Jason?
21. In which country is 2001’s Amélie set?
22. What word goes before 48 Hours, Stakeout, and WolfCop to make the titles of their sequels?
Another (Another 48 Hours, Another Stakeout, and Another WolfCop)
23. Who connects the films Calendar Girls, Hobbs And Shaw, and The Long Good Friday?
24. Which 2009 Spike Jonze film is based on a children’s picture book by Maurice Sendak?
Where The Wild Things Are
25. In Tango & Cash, who does Kurt Russell play – Tango or Cash?
He plays Lt. Gabriel “Gabe” Cash
26. In which 2020 film does Jim Carrey play Dr Robotnik?
Sonic The Hedgehog
27. Which sport features prominently in 1990’s Days Of Thunder?
NASCAR/Stock car racing
28. Which 1989 horror film introduced the killer doll Chucky?
29. Which comedy actor plays the title role in Bowfinger?
Steve Martin plays director Bobby Bowfinger
30. And finally, as of September 2020, which franchise has released more movies – the James Bond series or the Marvel Studios Cinematic Universe?
James Bond, with 24 films (25, if you count Never Say Never Again, which you needn’t) to Marvel’s 23. Going by current release dates, Marvel Studios will overtake the Bond films sometime in 2021.
Thank you for visiting!
We are fundraising to keep our magazines going into 2021 – could you please support us or spread the word:
Or become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.