Here are the answers to our quiz from 12th February 2021 – how did you do?
1. Which film trilogy is a spin-off from the US TV series Police Squad?
The Naked Gun
2. Wade Wilson is the alter-ego of which comic book movie character?
Deadpool, in the Deadpool movies
3. In Free Willy, what kind of animal is Willy?
He’s an orca, or killer whale
4. Which Universal horror remake connects Benicio del Toro, Anthony Hopkins, and Emily Blunt?
5. Which duo made their screen debut in the cartoon short Puss Gets The Boot?
Tom and Jerry
6. Released 50 years ago this week, which British crime drama stars Richard Attenborough as serial killer John Christie?
10 Rillington Place
7. Born this week, who connects the films Addams Family Values, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas, and Sleepy Hollow?
8. Daniel Plainview is the main character in which Oscar-winning 2007 drama?
There Will Be Blood
9. Which historical figure does Kenneth Branagh play in All Is True?
10. In which animated film does Burt Reynolds voice a dog called Charlie B. Barkin?
All Dogs Go To Heaven
11. Which screen couple connects the films The Wedding Singer, 50 First Dates, and Blended?
Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore
12. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return” is a line from which 2001 jukebox musical?
13. Which of the original love interests appears in all three Bridget Jones movies – Colin Firth or Hugh Grant?
Colin Firth (Hugh Grant’s Daniel is killed off between the second and third films)
14. Which 2018 romcom centres around a closeted gay high school student played by Nick Robinson?
15. In Say Anything, which Peter Gabriel song does Lloyd famously play on a boombox outside Diane’s window?
“In Your Eyes”
16. Who connects the romantic comedies Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, The Seven Year Itch, and Some Like It Hot?
17. In which country is Portrait Of A Lady On Fire set?
18. Burns and Albright are the surnames of which 1989 romcom’s title characters?
When Harry Met Sally
19. Who plays Shaun’s girlfriend Liz in Shaun Of The Dead?
20. Which movie star has claimed that she married Keanu Reeves for real while they were filming a wedding scene for Bram Stoker’s Dracula?
21. What is the name of the VW Beetle that first appeared in 1968’s The Love Bug?
22. Who directed the films Lost In Translation, The Bling Ring, and On The Rocks?
23. Tim and Lex Murphy are key characters in which 1990s blockbuster?
24. What is the full title of the most recent movie in the Alien franchise, released in 2017?
25. Which Hollywood movie studio is named after the female personification of the USA?
Columbia Pictures (the logo is her too)
26. Who plays the cable guy in 1996’s The Cable Guy?
27. Complete the title of the 1975 political thriller – Three Days Of The…
28. How many Bourne films has Paul Greengrass directed to date?
3 (The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum, and then, after a film off, Jason Bourne)
29. What is the name of the robot played by Sharlto Copley in a 2015 Neill Blomkamp film?
(nudges girlfriend) That’s Chappie, in Chappie
30. And finally, in which action movie does the number 2525 have to be above 50?
Speed (2525 is the number of the bus and it has to keep travelling faster than 50 miles per hour to avoid exploding)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.