Here are the answers to our quiz from 12th June 2020 – how did you do?
- Famously born on the 6th day of the 6th month at 6:00 a.m., Damian Thorn is the antagonist in which horror movie series? – The Omen
- Released in the UK this week, The Wedding Singer is set in which decade? – The 1980s
- Which Star Trek actor directed the series’ fifth big-screen outing, The Final Frontier? – William Shatner
- In the news this week, which 2017 musical became the first ever film to surpass a million digital download sales in the UK? – The Greatest Showman
- Born this week, who plays Jay to Kevin Smith’s Silent Bob? – Jason Mewes
- Which action comedy marked the first collaboration between Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie? – Mr & Mrs Smith
- Starring Elizabeth Taylor, which historical epic’s famously expensive sets were later borrowed wholesale by the producers of its Carry On parody? – Cleopatra
- Who plays Barbara Wilson, aka Batgirl, in Batman & Robin? – Alicia Silverstone
- Which Eddie Murphy comedy’s mind-boggling finale revolves around the future of frozen concentrated orange juice? – Trading Places
- What kind of animal is Lord Shen, the villain in Kung Fu Panda 2? – He’s a peacock
- “I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?” (1986) – Stand By Me
- “Say friend, ya got any more of that good sarsaparilla?” (1998) – The Big Lebowski
- “Eliza? Where the devil are my slippers?” (1964) – My Fair Lady
- “One more thing, Sofie… is she aware her daughter is still alive?” (2003) – Kill Bill: Volume 1
- “Well, I know what I’ve got here. Come on. I’ll buy you a drink. You know, a drink?” (1981) – Raiders Of The Lost Ark
- “Kevin, what have you done to my room?” (1990) – Home Alone
- “What about the person we show it to? What happens to them?” (2002) – The Ring
- “What are you thinking? How are you feeling? What have we done to each other? What will we do?” (2014) – Gone Girl
- “Now, where was I?” (2000) – Memento
- “It’s too bad she won’t live – but then again, who does?” (1982) – Blade Runner (cuts may vary)
For a cheeky bonus point, which 2011 movie closes with the typewritten bit pictured above? – Elementary, dear readers! Holmes cheekily question-marks Watson’s eulogy in Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows.
- Since statues are in the news this week, which Singin’ In The Rain star is immortalised in statue form for Leicester Square’s 2020 Scenes In The Square exhibition? – Gene Kelly
- Which Oscar winner provided the voice of Draco, the last dragon, in 1996’s Dragonheart? – Sean Connery
- Starring Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann, This Is 40 is a spin-off from which 2007 comedy? – Knocked Up
- Which Disney film features the songs “Shiny”, “We Know The Way”, and “You’re Welcome”? – Moana
- Including crossovers, how many Predator movies have been released to date? – 6 (Predator, Predator 2, Alien Vs Predator, AVP: Requiem, Predators and The Predator)
- On which fictional New England island is Jaws largely set? – Amity Island
- Who plays Withnail in Withnail & I? – Richard E. Grant
- What three-word phrase does Westley repeat to Princess Buttercup throughout The Princess Bride? – “As you wish.”
- Who connects the films Be Cool, The Producers, and My Super Ex-Girlfriend? – Uma Thurman
- And finally, what is the name of Bill and Ted’s band, whose music will one day teach the world to be excellent to each other? – Wyld Stallyns! (frenzied air guitar licks)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.