Here are the answers to our quiz from 12th March 2021 – how did you do?
1. “When there’s no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth” is the tagline to which classic zombie movie?
Dawn Of The Dead
2. Who plays hotel manager M. Gustave in The Grand Budapest Hotel?
3. Which cue sport features prominently in The Color Of Money?
4. Which professional “date doctor” does Will Smith play in the comedy of the same name?
Hitch, in Hitch
5. Which producer received seven miniature Oscars for a 1937 animated feature?
Walt Disney, for Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
6. What is Patch Adams’ profession in Patch Adams?
He’s a doctor
7. Which Christopher Guest comedy takes place in the run-up to a prestigious dog show?
Best In Show
8. What tattoo does Steve McQueen have on his chest in 1973’s Papillon?
It’s a butterfly
9. Carol Danvers is the alter-ego of which Marvel superhero?
Captain Marvel in Captain Marvel
10. Born this week, whose directorial credits include Airplane!, Top Secret!, and Ghost?
Jerry Zucker (I’ll admit, I kept accidentally adding the exclamation mark to Ghost as well…)
11. Beyond Thunderdome (1985)
12. Eclipse (2010)
The Twilight Saga
13. Revolutions (2003)
14. Dream Warriors (1987)
A Nightmare On Elm Street
15. Secret Of The Tomb (2014)
Night At The Museum
16. Parabellum (2019)
17. Senior Year (2008)
High School Musical
18. Back In Training (1986)
19. Dark Of The Moon (2011)
20. Return To Fantasia (1994)
The NeverEnding Story (it was also called Escape To Fantasia in other territories)
21. Who connects the 1976 films Taxi Driver, Freaky Friday, and Bugsy Malone?
22. Which 1990s comedy marked Mike Myers’ feature film debut?
23. In what year is 2020’s Wonder Woman sequel set?
1984, as in Wonder Woman 1984
24. “When You Believe” is an Oscar-winning song from which DreamWorks animated film?
The Prince Of Egypt
25. What word goes before Honey, Psycho, and Splendor to make the titles of three other movies?
American (2016’s American Honey, 2000’s American Psycho, and 2003’s American Splendor)
26. Who plays Effie Trinket in the Hunger Games movies?
27. Which romantic comedy connects Jack Nicholson, Diane Keaton, and Keanu Reeves?
Something’s Gotta Give
28. Complete the title of the 2011 horror film – We Need To Talk About…
29. In Pet Sematary, what kind of animal is Church?
He’s a cat
30. And finally, Penny Marshall was the first female director to have a film gross more than $100m at the worldwide box office – what was the film?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.