Here are the answers to our quiz from 12th November 2021 – how did you do?
1. In Fight Club, what is the first rule of Fight Club?
“You do not talk about Fight Club.”
2. What is the full title of the second Bridget Jones movie?
Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason
3. Which new Netflix action caper stars Dwayne Johnson, Ryan Reynolds, and Gal Gadot?
4. Who plays Nathaniel “Hawkeye” Poe in The Last Of The Mohicans?
Daniel Day Lewis
5. Dr Ryan Stone and Lieutenant Matt Kowalski are the only on-screen characters in which film?
6. “Welcome to the witching hour” is a tagline for which supernatural teen horror movie?
7. Born this week, whose movie roles include Selina Kyle, Jane Austen, and the White Queen?
Anne Hathaway (in The Dark Knight Rises, Becoming Jane, and Disney’s Alice movies, respectively)
8. Which Steve McQueen film is based on a 1980s ITV drama series of the same name?
9. Who plays Jennifer Check in Jennifer’s Body?
10. What is the name of the song that closes Monty Python’s Life Of Brian and later became a UK chart hit in the 1990s?
“Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life”
11. Which Psycho star is Curtis’ real-life mother, and co-starred with her in The Fog and Halloween H20: 20 Years Later?
12. Who plays the daughter with whom Curtis’ character swaps bodies for a day in 2003’s Freaky Friday?
13. In which 1990s film does Curtis play legal secretary Helen Tasker?
14. In Knives Out, Curtis plays one of two large adult children of slain mystery author Harlan Thrombey – who plays the other one?
Michael Shannon (the others are all either grandchildren or related by marriage)
15. What is the Shakespearean name of Curtis’ character in 1983’s Trading Places?
16. Which horror movie character joined Curtis in an acceptance speech for her 2020 MTV Movie Award for Greatest Scream Queen Of All Time?
Michael Myers, her Halloween co-star
17. Complete the title of the 2001 spy thriller – The Tailor Of…
18. Which John Grisham adaptation stars Curtis and Tim Allen as a couple who decide to go on holiday for the festive season?
Christmas With The Kranks
19. Which Oscar-winning filmmaker directed 1990’s Blue Steel?
20. Which 1997 comedy was billed as a “spiritual sequel” to A Fish Called Wanda, with the same cast playing new characters?
21. Who plays the dual roles of Artemus Gordon and President Ulysses S. Grant in 1999’s Wild Wild West?
22. In which 2013 film does Leonardo DiCaprio play Jordan Belfort?
The Wolf Of Wall Street
23. What word goes before Birds, Fire, and Guy to make the titles of three different movies?
Free (as in 2013’s Free Birds, 2017’s Free Fire, and 2021’s Free Guy)
24. Which environmentally conscious band perishes in the polluted Lake Springfield at the start of The Simpsons Movie?
25. In which 2005 family film does Julia Roberts play a spider?
Charlotte’s Web (she provides the voice of Charlotte)
26. Who plays Dr Zhivago in 1965’s Doctor Zhivago?
27. Dirk Diggler is the main character in which 1997 film?
28. According to the title of a 2012 comedy, how many years is Emily Blunt engaged to Jason Segel?
5, as in The Five-Year Engagement
29. In which 1988 crime comedy does the late, great Dean Stockwell play Mafia don Anthony “Tony the Tiger” Russo?
Married To The Mob
30. And finally, which actor and filmmaker’s name is an anagram of OLD WEST ACTION?
Clint Eastwood, appropriately enough…
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.