Here are the answers to our quiz from 13th May 2022 – how did you do?
1. Which character battles Dracula, Frankenstein’s monster, the Wolfman, and Mr Hyde in a supernatural action movie of the same name?
Van Helsing, in Van Helsing
2. In which classic drama does Gregory Peck play lawyer Atticus Finch?
To Kill A Mockingbird
3. Who was Oscar-nominated for playing Imperator Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road?
4. “Five great reasons to stay single” is the tagline for which Oscar-nominated romcom?
Four Weddings And A Funeral
5. 2001: A Space Odyssey is the only U-certificate film by which director?
6. Which erotic thriller connects Michael Douglas, Sharon Stone, and Jeanne Tripplehorn?
7. In which comic-book sequel does Josh Brolin play the time-travelling mutant Cable?
8. Who was Oscar-nominated for playing an alien in the sci-fi romance Starman?
9. How many Final Destination movies have been released to date?
10. Born this week, which actor reprised his role from Pulp Fiction in a series of Direct Line insurance adverts on UK TV?
Harvey Keitel, who played Winston Wolfe in ads between 2014 and 2020
11. The Final Friday is the ninth instalment in which film series?
Friday The 13th
12. Who plays London gangster Harold Shand in 1980’s The Long Good Friday?
13. The 1928 play The Front Page was memorably adapted into which 1940 screwball comedy starring Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell?
His Girl Friday
14. Which sport features prominently in 2004’s Friday Night Lights?
15. In which 2009 family movie do Emma Roberts and Jake T. Austin have a pet dog called Friday?
Hotel For Dogs
16. Complete the trilogy – Friday, Next Friday…
Friday After Next
17. Who plays Barbara Harris’ body-swapping daughter in 1976’s Freaky Friday?
18. In which 1987 TV-to-film adaptation does Dan Aykroyd play Sergeant Joe Friday?
19. In what month of the year is the 2021 zombie shopping horror-comedy Black Friday set?
November, like Black Friday itself
20. In the Marvel cinematic universe, which Irish actress voices Tony Stark’s A.I., FRIDAY?
21. “Just keep swimming” is a quote from which Pixar animated film?
22. What title connects a 1984 Stephen King adaptation starring David Keith and a 2022 remake starring Zac Efron?
23. Who plays pie-maker Mrs Lovett in 2007’s Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street?
Helena Bonham Carter
24. In the news! The Way Of Water is the upcoming sequel to which 2009 film?
25. Which 1998 slapstick comedy was Gore Verbinski’s directorial debut?
26. What is the name of the character played by Ke Huy Quan in Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom?
27. In which 2008 romcom does Katherine Heigl play a serial bridesmaid who hasn’t yet found love herself?
28. Who plays NASA pilot Joseph Cooper in 2014’s Interstellar?
29. Which annual event connects Will Ferrell, Rachel McAdams, and Dan Stevens’ characters in a 2020 comedy?
The Eurovision Song Contest, in Eurovision Song Contest: The Story Of Fire Saga
30. And finally, Radiohead wrote and recorded “Exit Music (For A Film)” as exit music for the closing credits of which 1996 film?
Romeo + Juliet
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.