Here are the answers to our quiz from 13th November 2020 – how did you do?
1. In Face/Off, who plays FBI agent Sean Archer at the start of the film – Nicolas Cage or John Travolta?
2. In Seabiscuit, what kind of animal is Seabiscuit?
He’s a racehorse
3. Which Steve Martin comedy is a modernised retelling of Cyrano de Bergerac?
4. Released separately in the UK, the Grindhouse double feature comprises Quentin Tarantino’s Death Proof and which Robert Rodriguez film?
5. GARTH DOOLIE is an anagram for the title of which twisty crime thriller?
The Good Liar
6. Born this week, who plays satellite designer and astronaut Jake Lawson in Geostorm?
7. Which drama connects Jeff Bridges, Mercedes Ruehl, and Robin Williams?
The Fisher King
8. Which James Bond actor plays the November Man in the spy thriller The November Man?
9. Which John Carpenter-directed horror film co-stars real-life mother and daughter Janet Leigh and Jamie Lee Curtis?
10. Ratcatcher is the debut feature by which Scottish director?
11. What call sign is given to the team of rebels who steal the Death Star plans in a 2016 prequel of the same name?
Rogue One, in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
12. Havana Nights is a prequel to which 1987 romantic drama?
13. Which 1995 Kevin Smith films is set the day before the events of Clerks?
14. Which Oscar-nominated star plays the teenage lead in Transformers prequel Bumblebee?
15. What is the full title of the big-screen prequel to the TV series Twin Peaks?
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
16. Who plays Bilbo Baggins in Peter Jackson’s Hobbit trilogy?
17. When Harry Met Lloyd is a prequel to which 1994 comedy?
Dumb & Dumber
18. Which 2015 animated prequel revolves around a plot to steal Queen Elizabeth II’s crown?
19. In the X-Men series, Alexandra Shipp plays the younger version of which mutant?
20. Which film prequel’s opening scene takes place at a nightclub called Obi Wan?
Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom (it’s set a year before Raiders Of The Lost Ark)
21. Which real-life dictator is portrayed as Satan’s lover in South Park: Bigger, Longer, And Uncut?
22. Who directed the 2020 crime caper, The Gentlemen?
23. “Cold Buttocks”, “Four Below Zero”, and “Rasta Rockett” are all international titles for which sports movie?
24. Which country shares its name with a 2008 epic romance starring Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman?
Australia, as in Australia
25. Starring Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, which romcom is a remake of the 1940 film The Shop Around The Corner?
You’ve Got Mail
26. Who plays the Mariner in 1995’s Waterworld?
27. How many Ice Age films have been released to date?
5 (the original Ice Age was followed by sequels The Meltdown, Dawn Of The Dinosaurs, Continental Drift, and Collision Course)
28. Duke, McNamara, and Chandler are the surnames of the three title characters in which 1980s teen movie?
Heather, in Heathers
29. Who does Michael Shannon play in 2016’s Elvis & Nixon – Elvis Presley or Richard Nixon?
30. And finally, what animal connects movies directed by Woody Allen, Ang Lee, and Joel Schumacher?
Tiger! (What’s Up Tiger Lily, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and Tigerland, respectively)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.