Here are the answers to our quiz from 14th August 2020 – how did you do?
1. What is the name of the ape played by Andy Serkis in Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes?
2. “Mrs Robinson” was originally recorded by Simon and Garfunkel for which film’s soundtrack?
3. What is the full title of the third Mummy movie?
The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor
4. Born this week, who plays dad-of-twelve Tom Baker (not that one) in 2003’s Cheaper By The Dozen?
5. Janet, Magenta, and Riff Raff are all characters in which movie musical?
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
6. Which aspiring luchador does Jack Black play in the wrestling comedy of the same name?
Nacho Libre, in Nacho Libre
7. In Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory, what is the name of the first of the five children to get their comeuppance?
8. Who plays Sharon Tate in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood?
9. Who directed School Daze?
10. Omega Sector and Crimson Jihad are organisations in which action film?
11. Which absurd 2000 comedy revolves around the search for Ashton Kutcher’s missing Renault?
Dude Where’s My Car?
12. Which 1993 drama film earned Leonardo DiCaprio his first acting Oscar nomination?
What’s Eating Gilbert Grape
13. Baby Herman, Judge Doom, and the Toon Patrol all appear in which 1988 comedy-mystery?
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
14. Which 1962 psychological thriller features Bette Davis and Joan Crawford as movie-star sisters?
What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?
15. What is the title of the 2007 sequel to the Ice Cube family film Are We There Yet?
Are We Done Yet?
16. Which 1993 music biopic stars Angela Bassett as Tina Turner?
What’s Love Got To Do With It
17. Set during the Great Depression, which Coen brothers crime comedy takes its title from the film-within-a-film in Sullivan’s Travels?
O Brother Where Art Thou?
18. Which 2017 comedy stars Bryan Cranston and James Franco as a dad and his prospective son-in-law?
19. 2020’s A Beautiful Day In The Neighbourhood casts Tom Hanks as Fred Rogers, but which 2018 documentary also covered the beloved children’s TV presenter’s life and legacy?
Won’t You Be My Neighbor?
20. Which big-screen sitcom spin-off is set in the fictional Spanish resort of Costa Plonka?
Are You Being Served?
21. In which film does Robin Williams play both Daniel Hillard and the title character?
22. What colour connects Howard Hawks’ River, Brett Ratner’s Dragon, and Wes Craven’s Eye?
23. Which 1982 horror film is set in the fictional California suburb of Cuesta Verde?
24. How many Pirates Of The Caribbean movies have been released to date?
5 (The Curse Of The Black Pearl, Dead Man’s Chest, At World’s End, On Stranger Tides, and Salazar’s Revenge, known as Dead Men Tell No Tales in the US, but not a separate film)
25. Who plays ATF agent Ray Nicolette in the otherwise unconnected Elmore Leonard adaptations Jackie Brown and Out Of Sight?
26. In which film does Patricia Arquette play Alabama Whitman?
27. 2017’s Battle Of The Sexes is about a landmark match in which sport?
28. Who does Robert Redford play in Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid – Butch or Sundance?
29. Victor, Hugo, and Laverne are characters in which Disney animated film?
The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
30. And finally, what is the name of the baby girl in Three Men And A Baby?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.