Here are the answers to our quiz from 15th January 2021 – how did you do?
1. Gary Johnston, Lisa Jones, and Matt Damon are all characters in which action movie spoof?
Team America: World Police
2. Who plays Count Dracula in the Hammer horror film Dracula: Prince Of Darkness?
3. What is the name of the volleyball in Cast Away?
4. Which family comedy connects Steve Martin, Joaquin Phoenix, and Keanu Reeves?
5. Which Stanley Kubrick film’s title is also a nickname for the Glasgow Subway metro system?
A Clockwork Orange
6. What is the name of the piano player at Rick’s Café in Casablanca?
7. How many Terminator movies have been released to date?
6 (The original – which was out in the UK this week in 1985 – was followed by Judgement Day, Rise Of The Machines, Salvation, Genisys, and Dark Fate)
8. Reprising her stage role as Éponine, Samantha Barks made her film debut in which musical?
9. Who plays the twin gynaecologists Elliot and Beverly Mantle in Dead Ringers?
10. New to VOD this week, Regina King’s feature directorial debut is called One Night In… where?
11. In which action film does Bruce Willis lead a gang of Retired, Extremely Dangerous black-ops agents?
12. Which 2018 comedy stars Jeremy Renner as the lifelong champion of his friends’ playground game?
13. Which Blue Sky animated film follows a rare blue macaw’s adventures in Brazil?
14. Which 1991 drama connects Kevin Costner, Gary Oldman, and Tommy Lee Jones?
JFK (another acronym!)
15. What is the name of James Rolleston’s character in the 2010 Taika Waititi movie of the same name?
16. 2021’s Spiral is the ninth instalment in which long-running horror franchise?
17. Billy Casper is the lead character in which 1969 British drama?
18. Which fantasy movie features Hugh Jackman as Blackbeard?
19. “Everybody Needs A Best Friend” is the Oscar-nominated theme song to which film?
20. Which film sees Jason Statham uttering the immortal line “I’ve swallowed enough microchips and shit them back out again to make a computer”?
21. Who plays Sidney Prescott in the Scream movies?
22. What is the full title of the 1984 sequel to Conan The Barbarian?
Conan The Destroyer
23. How many First Dates do Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore go on in a 2004 romcom?
50, in 50 First Dates
24. Alex Murphy is the real name of which crime-fighting movie character?
RoboCop, in the RoboCop movies
25. Katharine Hepburn, Winona Ryder, and Saoirse Ronan have all played the lead character in film adaptations of which book?
Little Women (they play Jo March in the 1933, 1994, and 2019 versions, respectively)
26. Who plays Detective Carter opposite Jackie Chan’s Inspector Lee in the Rush Hour trilogy?
27. What colour goes before Lightning, Heat, and Chicks to make three movie titles?
28. Directed by Robert Rodriguez, which 1998 sci-fi horror sees high-school teachers being taken over by alien parasites?
29. Who co-wrote, directed, and starred in 1969’s Easy Rider?
30. And finally, which 1980s animated film follows lab rats that have been experimented on by a National Institute of Mental Health?
The Secret Of NIMH (Rule of three, baby!)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.