Here are the answers to our quiz from 15th October 2021 – how did you do?
1. Which slasher horror film returned to cinemas this week for its 25th anniversary?
2. In which British drama does Meryl Streep play Emmeline Pankhurst?
3. Born this week, which actor’s characters include Tony Wilson, Martin Sixsmith, and Stan Laurel?
4. Professor Ratigan is the villain in which Disney animated film?
Basil The Great Mouse Detective
5. Which film features the catchphrase “Good morning – and in case I don’t see you, good afternoon, good evening, and goodnight”?
The Truman Show
6. Which French dish is also the title of the sixth highest-grossing movie at the worldwide box office of 2007?
Ratatouille (a week for animated rodent movies, it seems…)
7. Who plays Wanda in A Fish Called Wanda?
Jamie Lee Curtis
8. Which psychological horror film stars Morfydd Clark as a Catholic care nurse?
9. The films in Krzysztof Kieślowski’s Three Colours trilogy are named in order after the colours on which country’s flag?
France (in order, Blue, White, and Red)
10. Which actor connects Corpse Bride and Wallace And Gromit: The Curse Of The Were-Rabbit, both released in UK cinemas in the same week?
Helena Bonham Carter
11. What is the name of the spaceship on which Alien is set?
12. Who does Susan Sarandon play in Thelma & Louise – Thelma or Louise?
She plays Louise
13. How many Ridley Scott films has Russell Crowe starred in to date?
5 (Gladiator, A Good Year, American Gangster, Body Of Lies, and Robin Hood)
14. What is Deckard’s first name in Blade Runner?
15. Which 2003 comedy stars Nicolas Cage as a con artist with obsessive-compulsive disorder?
16. In Prometheus, the android David is seen modelling his appearance after which movie star?
Peter O’Toole, in Lawrence Of Arabia
17. What colour connects a 1989 crime thriller and a 2001 war movie, both directed by Scott?
Black (Black Rain and Black Hawk Down, respectively)
18. Which Lord Of The Rings star is involved in The Martian‘s Project Elrond?
Sean Bean (He understood that reference)
19. In what century is Kingdom Of Heaven set?
The 12th century
20. As mentioned, it’s been a long 45 months since Scott’s last released feature – which 2017 film was his most recent release before The Last Duel?
All The Money In The World (released all the way back in December 2017)
21. Who plays computer hacker Luther Stickell in the Mission: Impossible movies?
22. “Houston, we have a problem” is a tagline for which 1995 film?
23. Which horror franchise features Ed and Lorraine Warren as its main characters?
24. In which English city is 1971’s Get Carter set?
Newcastle upon Tyne
25. Which 2016 film comes next in this sequence – Crazy, Stupid, Love; Gangster Squad…
La La Land – all films that star Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone as love interests.
26. Who connects the 1980s films Tootsie, Fletch, and The Fly?
Geena “Thelma” Davis!
27. In which 2021 British drama do Colin Firth and Stanley Tucci play lovers who tour the Lake District?
28. How many Weeks’ Notice does Sandra Bullock give Hugh Grant in a 2002 romcom?
Two, as in Two Weeks’ Notice
29. Which actor has singing parts in the films Grease 2, The Fabulous Baker Boys, and The Prince Of Egypt?
30. And finally, complete the title of the 1989 movie directed by William Shatner – Star Trek V…
… The Final Frontier
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.