Here are the answers to our quiz from 16th July 2021 – how did you do?
1. In cinemas now, A New Legacy is the sequel to which 1996 sports comedy?
2. Who plays the cable guy in The Cable Guy?
3. Which villain connects Ricardo Montalban and Benedict Cumberbatch in different Star Trek sequels?
“Khan!” (in Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan and Star Trek Into Darkness respectively)
4. What is the name of the fictional island where Jurassic Park is set?
5. Which Coen brothers comedy sees Nicolas Cage and Holly Hunter adopt a baby without permission?
6. Which master cat burglar does Bruce Willis play in the Marmite action-comedy of the same name?
Hudson Hawk, in Hudson Hawk
7. Who plays Shaggy in the live-action Scooby Doo movies?
8. Which social network shares its name with a character from Disney’s Return To Oz?
9. In Inception, what object does Leonardo DiCaprio’s Dom Cobb use as a totem to check if he’s dreaming?
A spinning top
10. Born this week, who connects the films Gremlins, Fast Times At Ridgemont High, and Drop Dread Fred?
11. Which character does Antonio Banderas voice in the Shrek movies and a 2011 prequel?
Puss In Boots
12. “When You Believe” is an Oscar-winning song from which film?
The Prince Of Egypt
13. Which comedian wrote and starred in 2007’s Bee Movie?
14. What rare breed of dragon is Toothless in the How To Train Your Dragon movies?
He’s a Night Fury
15. Complete the title of the 2000 movie featuring the voices of Kenneth Branagh and Kevin Kline – The Road To…
… El Dorado
16. Based on books by Dav Pilkey, whose First Epic Movie came to cinemas in 2017?
Captain Underpants (TRA LA LAAAAA!)
17. Who provides the voice of Megamind in 2010’s Megamind?
18. Escape 2 Africa and Europe’s Most Wanted are sequels to which film?
19. What kind of animal is Turbo in the racing movie Turbo?
He’s a snail
20. Which veteran director voices a pufferfish called Sykes in Shark Tale?
21. “You can’t handle the truth” is a famous quote from which 1992 drama?
A Few Good Men
22. Fat Sam, Dandy Dan, and Leroy Brown are all characters in which musical?
23. Who directed 2015’s The Hateful Eight?
24. Crystal Lake, New Jersey is a recurring location in which horror movie series?
Friday The 13th
25. Which Marvel Comics character was billed as A New Breed Of Hero in the UK title of his 1986 movie?
Howard the Duck (Billed! Eh? EH?)
26. What is the full title of the eighth Harry Potter movie?
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2
27. Which country connects the films The Beach, The King And I, and Only God Forgives?
28. What title connects a 1984 horror starring Craig T. Nelson and a 2015 remake starring Sam Rockwell?
29. Which singer-songwriter’s works feature prominently in 2019’s Blinded By The Light?
30. And finally, in which 2004 comedy does Matt Damon have a memorable cameo, singing the catchy number “Scotty Doesn’t Know”?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.