Here are the answers to our quiz from 16th October 2020 – how did you do?
1. Which action movie pits Will Smith’s retired hitman against a younger version of himself?
2. Who does John Belushi play in The Blues Brothers – Jake Blues or Elwood Blues?
3. Which film marked Anthony Hopkins’ third and final performance as Hannibal Lecter?
4. Robin Williams plays a 10-year-old with an ageing disorder in Jack, directed by which Oscar-winning filmmaker?
Francis Ford Coppola
5. The Horned King is the villain in which Disney animated film?
The Black Cauldron
6. Born this week, who connects the films Hugo, Les Misérables, and The Trial Of The Chicago 7?
Sacha Baron Cohen
7. Complete the trilogy – The Da Vinci Code, Angels & Demons…
8. In The Adventures Of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert, what form of transport is Priscilla?
She’s a tour bus
9. Who plays bounty hunter Domino Harvey in Domino?
10. Which seasonal Canadian slasher film has been remade twice, in 2006 and 2019, but has no sequels to date?
11. Who plays John Merrick in 1980’s The Elephant Man?
12. What was the most recent black-and-white movie to win the Oscar for Best Picture?
The Artist, in 2012
13. What workplace is the setting for a 2019 psychological thriller starring Robert Pattinson and Willem Dafoe?
A lighthouse, in The Lighthouse
14. Which stop-motion animated Disney film features a reanimated pet dog called Sparky?
15. What is the name of the New Jersey convenience store where Dante works in Clerks?
The Quick Stop
16. Who plays the sister of Tobey Maguire’s old-timey sitcom nerd in Pleasantville?
17. Complete the title of the Steve Martin film noir spoof – Dead Men Don’t Wear…
18. Which actor directed and co-starred in 2007’s Good Night And Good Luck?
19. Which action movie sequel had a “Black And Chrome” cinema re-release in 2016?
Mad Max: Fury Road
20. In which country is 1995’s La Haine set?
21. Which Top Gun parody stars Charlie Sheen as Lieutenant Topper Harley?
22. Which Oscar winner provides the voice of Spider-Man Noir in Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse?
23. Which cue sport is the subject of The Hustler and its sequel The Colour Of Money?
24. Which member of the cast of 1990’s Flatliners (sort of) reprised their role in the 2017 reboot?
Kiefer Sutherland (a deleted scene explains Nelson Wright changed his name to Barry Wolfson, as you do!)
25. Which video-game franchise has featured RoboCop, Freddy Krueger, and John Rambo as guest characters?
26. Which Robert Louis Stevenson novel did the Muppets adapt in a 1996 film?
Treasure Island, in Muppet Treasure Island
27. Who directed the 2007 sci-fi movie Sunshine?
28. What kind of animal is Keanu in the Key and Peele comedy Keanu?
He’s a super-cute kitten
29. Who plays advertising executive Helen Quilley in 1998’s Sliding Doors?
30. And finally, excluding documentaries, how many movies have co-starred Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone to date?
3 (Crazy Stupid Love, Gangster Squad, and La La Land)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.