Here are the answers to our quiz from 17th December 2021 – how did you do?
1. Which “sheep-pig” strives to avoid becoming Christmas dinner in the family movie of the same name?
Babe, in Babe
2. Which Godfather star plays Buddy the elf’s dad in Elf?
3. Dude, Where’s My Donkey? is the third instalment in which children’s movie franchise?
4. In Gremlins, what does Billy Peltzer name the Mogwai he gets for Christmas?
5. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) is a festive standard by singer Darlene Love, but in which Christmas movie does she play the character Trish Murtaugh?
6. Which Christmas-set crime drama connects Guy Pearce, Russell Crowe, and James Cromwell?
7. Which comedy actor plays Patch the elf in Santa Claus: The Movie?
8. Complete the title of the Scottish Christmas zombie musical – Anna And The…
9. Jack Skellington is the main character in which animated musical?
The Nightmare Before Christmas
10. Which James Bond film features the original song “Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown” during a festive scene in the Swiss Alps?
On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (originally released on 18th December, we’re having it…!)
11. “A family comedy without the family.” (1990)
12. “Bill Murray is back among the ghosts. Only this time, it’s three against one.” (1988)
13. “His father, her mother, his mother and her father all in one day.” (2008)
14. “Yule crack up!” (1989)
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
15. “Christmas is coming early this year. And it’s murder.” (1974)
16. “Two dads. One toy. No prisoners.” (1996)
Jingle All The Way
17. “He’s very naughty and not very nice.” (2003)
18. “No if or ands… just one big butt.” (1994)
The Santa Clause
19. “Sometimes, you’ve just gotta have faith.” (2019)
20. “Last time, it blew you through the back wall of the theatre. This time, it will blow you sky high! (1990)
Die Hard 2
21. Born on Christmas Day 1899, which actor plays Rick Blaine in Casablanca?
22. How many ghosts visit Ebenezer Scrooge in The Muppet Christmas Carol?
Five! As well as the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Yet To Come, Statler and Waldorf play Scrooge’s business partners Jacob and Robert Marley (“Whoooooa…”)
23. Which Spider-Man star provides the voice of Percy Pig in this year’s Marks & Spencer Christmas adverts?
24. Who does Kristen Stewart play in 2021’s royal Christmas drama Spencer?
25. The first Toy Story ends with Andy getting a puppy for Christmas – what is the name of the dog, who appears in the next two sequels?
26. Who plays Hollywood trailer producer Amanda Woods in 2006’s The Holiday?
27. What name connects festive movie characters played by Michael Keaton, Chris Pine, and Martin Short?
Jack Frost (in 1998’s Jack Frost, 2012’s Rise Of The Guardians, and 2006’s The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause)
28. With 16.15 million viewers on Christmas Day, which Wallace & Gromit short film was UK TV’s most watched broadcast of 2008?
A Matter Of Loaf And Death
29. Who plays Mrs Claus to Kurt Russell’s Santa in Netflix’s Christmas Chronicles movies?
Goldie Hawn, his wife in real life
30. And finally, complete the quote from It’s A Wonderful Life – “Every time a bell rings…”
“… an angel gets his wings.” Merry Christmas, everyone!
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.