Here are the answers to our quiz from 17th June 2022 – how did you do?
1. In which teen comedy does Rachel McAdams play Regina George?
2. Christopher Lee’s character is described as “The terrifying lover who died – yet lived!” in the tagline for which Hammer horror classic?
3. Who plays rock superstar Stacee Jaxx in Rock Of Ages?
4. Both born this week, Helen Hunt and Greg Kinnear were Oscar nominated for their roles in which 1997 romantic comedy?
As Good As It Gets
5. Hellbound is the sequel to which supernatural horror film?
6. “There is no spoon” is a quote from which sci-fi franchise?
7. Complete the title of Sergio Leone’s first Spaghetti Western – A Fistful Of…
8. Who plays beleaguered miniature artist Annie Graham in Hereditary?
9. Back in cinemas this week for its 40th anniversary, which Star Trek sequel stars Ricardo Montalban as its title character?
Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan
10. Who directed the Netflix war drama Da 5 Bloods?
11. In which franchise does Emma Thompson play Professor Sybil Trelawney?
12. In 1994’s Junior, Thompson plays one of the title character’s two mums – who plays the other one?
Arnold Schwarzenegger, who’s carrying the baby
13. What breed of dog does Baroness von Hellman keep in 2021’s Cruella?
14. Complete the title of the 2010 sequel – Nanny McPhee And…
… The Big Bang
15. Thompson won a Best Actress Oscar for which 1990s film – Howard’s End or Sense & Sensibility?
Howard’s End – she won Best Adapted Screenplay for Sense & Sensibility
16. 2013’s Saving Mr Banks is about the making of which Disney film?
17. In which 1993 drama does Thompson play defence lawyer Gareth Peirce?
In The Name Of The Father
18. In 2006’s Stranger Than Fiction, author Karen Eiffel’s main character comes to life – who plays him?
19. In which Disney animated film does Thompson voice cat-lady Captain Amelia?
20. In which franchise do Kevin McNally and Stephen Campbell Moore play Thompson’s predecessors as the UK Prime Minister?
Johnny English (McNally and Campbell Moore appear in the first two while Thompson plays the PM in 2018’s Johnny English Strikes Again)
21. “I heard you paint houses” is a quote from which gangster drama?
22. Which actor’s real-life characters include Winston Churchill, Lee Harvey Oswald, and Sid Vicious?
Gary Oldman (in Darkest Hour, JFK, and Sid And Nancy, respectively)
23. What comes next in this sequence – Identity > Supremacy > …?
Ultimatum – these are the first three Bourne movies
24. Who plays magazine editor Miranda Priestley in 2006’s The Devil Wears Prada?
25. In the news! Glass Onion is the upcoming sequel to which hit 2019 movie?
26. Which sport features prominently in 2004’s Million Dollar Baby?
27. Who voices Shrek 2’s absolutely fabulous Fairy Godmother – Joanna Lumley or Jennifer Saunders?
28. The Wizard Of Oz is book-ended by scenes set in which US state?
29. The 2019 films Captain Marvel and Shazam are both based on comic characters called Captain Marvel – which actor appears in both films?
30. And finally, according to its title, which Oscar-winning 2012 drama builds towards an event at 12:30 a.m.?
Zero Dark Thirty (or half past midnight to us civilians)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.