Here are the answers to our quiz from 18th December 2020 – how did you do?
1. Which Christmas character connects Boris Karloff, Jim Carrey, and Benedict Cumberbatch?
2. Which 1946 seasonal classic is set in the town of Bedford Falls?
It’s A Wonderful Life
3. Which duo had A Very 3D Christmas in the 2011 comedy threequel of the same name?
Harold and Kumar, in A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas
4. Billy Peltzer, Murray Futterman, and Ruby Deagle are characters in which Christmas film?
5. Complete the quote from Elf – “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is…”
“… singing loud for all to hear.”
6. 2017’s The Man Who Invented Christmas stars Dan Stevens as which author?
7. What is the first name of John McClane’s wife in Die Hard?
8. How many Nativity! movies have been released to date?
4 (the original was followed by sequels Danger In The Manger and Dude, Where’s My Donkey, then soft reboot Nativity Rocks!)
9. In which country is the festive zombie musical Anna And The Apocalypse set?
10. Born on Christmas Day 1949, which Oscar winner carries Four Christmases with her performance as Vince Vaughn’s mother?
Sissy Spacek (Carrie? She… Carries it… never mind, next round!)
11. Which Oscar winner plays Father Christmas in Aldi’s festive 2020 TV adverts?
12. In which film does Rowan Atkinson play an over-zealous department store gift-wrapper?
13. Who plays Santa Claus in Netflix’s The Christmas Chronicles and its sequel?
14. In The Muppet Christmas Carol, which Muppet gives Ebenezer Scrooge his scarf as a present?
15. Richard Attenborough memorably played Kris Kringle in 1994’s Miracle On 34th Street, but who won an Oscar for playing him in the 1947 original?
16. In Jingle All The Way, what is the name of the action figure Arnold Schwarzenegger is shopping for?
17. In which film does the return of James Cosmo’s Father Christmas mark the end of winter?
The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe
18. Who plays Santa Claus (among other characters) in The Polar Express?
19. Which European folklore figure is the subject of a 2015 American horror movie starring Toni Collette and Adam Scott?
Krampus, in Krampus
20. In Arthur Christmas, what gift is rush-delivered to a child in Cornwall on Christmas morning?
21. Which James Bond film features a character called Dr Christmas Jones?
The World Is Not Enough
22. Who wrote and directed the Christmas-set films Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Iron Man 3, and The Nice Guys?
23. Which Disney animated film opens and closes with new puppies arriving at Christmas?
Lady And The Tramp
24. At the beginning of La La Land, Ryan Gosling gets the sack at Christmas – who has a cameo as the restaurant manager who fires him?
25. Which dystopian sci-fi movie starts with Archibald Buttle being arrested on Christmas morning?
26. Who plays Lee Christmas in the Expendables movies?
27. In which romantic comedy does Sandra Bullock save Peter Gallagher’s life on Christmas Day?
While You Were Sleeping
28. In Dumb & Dumber, which character’s surname is Christmas – Harry or Lloyd?
29. Which Ridley Scott-directed sci-fi movie is set on and around Christmas 2089?
Prometheus (look how festive it is!)
30. And finally, which actor provides the vocals for Spider-Man’s Christmas album in Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse?
Chris Pine (Altogether now! Spidey bells, Spidey bells, swingin’ through Midtown…)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.