Here are the answers to our quiz from 18th September 2020 – how did you do?
1. “I live my life a quarter-mile at a time” is a quote from which action movie?
The Fast & The Furious
2. Which singer performs the title song in Grease?
3. What is the full title of George A. Romero’s third Dead movie?
Day Of The Dead
4. Born this week, who plays Prince Edward in Disney’s Enchanted?
5. Crazy Rich Asians is largely set in which island nation?
6. In which film does Harrison Ford play President James Marshall?
Air Force One
7. Who plays Al Capone in The Untouchables?
Robert De Niro
8. Which slapstick action-thriller connects Clive Owen, Monica Bellucci, and Paul Giamatti?
Shoot ‘Em Up
9. Dazed And Confused is set during which decade?
10. William is the name of the title character in which comedy threequel?
He’s Bridget Jones’ baby, in Bridget Jones’s Baby
11. In Back To The Future, what is the name of the first dog to travel through time?
12. Who plays the time traveller in 2009’s The Time Traveller’s Wife?
13. Based on the video game of the same name, which 2016 time-travel movie stars Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard, and Jeremy Irons?
14. Who plays 19th century nobleman Leopold in Kate & Leopold?
15. Which historical figure does Malcolm McDowell’s H.G. Wells pursue to the year 1979 in Time After Time?
Jack The Ripper (played by David Warner)
16. Set in the 14th century, which horror sequel had the working title Medieval Dead?
Army Of Darkness, the third Evil Dead movie
17. In which fantasy weepy does Christopher Reeve play a time-travelling playwright?
Somewhere In Time
18. Who directed 2012’s Looper?
19. Which Disney animated film features Wilbur, a 13-year-old time cop from the future?
Meet The Robinsons
20. Who is the first historical figure to arrive in 1988 in Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure?
21. The 2005 romcom Must Love Dogs is a remake of the Spanish-language film Amores Perros – true or false?
False – the intended English-language title of Amores Perros is Love’s A Bitch, not Must Love Dogs
22. Which 2019 film stars Samara Weaving as a newlywed who is hunted by her in-laws?
Ready Or Not
23. How many Police Academy movies have been released to date?
7 (The planned reboot has been in development hell since 2003)
24. What kind of animal is Rango in the animated western Rango?
He’s a chameleon
25. Which 1946 Powell and Pressburger film features an iconic sequence with an escalating stairway to heaven?
A Matter Of Life And Death (or, as it was rather literally titled upon its original US release, Stairway To Heaven)
26. Who retired from acting in 2017, three years after her most recent roles in The Other Woman, Sex Tape, and Annie?
27. Complete the trilogy – Meet The Parents, Meet The Fockers…
28. In which horror movie does Salma Hayek play a stripper called Santanico Pandemonium?
From Dusk Til Dawn
29. 1997’s US Marshals is a spin-off from which Oscar-nominated film?
30. And finally, which Scottish city features in the title of 1986’s highest-grossing comedy film?
Dundee (as in Crocodile Dundee)
Thank you for visiting!
We are fundraising to keep our magazines going into 2021 – could you please support us or spread the word:
Or become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.