Here are the answers to our quiz from 26th March 2021 – how did you do?
1. What does TMNT stand for, in the animated comic book movie of the same name?
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
2. “Climb Ev’ry Mountain”, “Edelweiss”, and “So Long, Farewell” are all songs from which musical?
The Sound Of Music
3. Which family of cavepeople are the subject of a DreamWorks animated comedy, and its upcoming sequel?
The Croods, in The Croods
4. Who plays Jackie Brown in 1997’s Jackie Brown?
5. Armed And Fabulous is the sequel to which 2000 comedy?
6. Which 1996 sports comedy was inspired by Nike’s “Hare Jordan” adverts of the 1990s?
7. Who directed the remake of Dawn Of The Dead?
8. Adelaide Wilson and Red are identical characters in which horror film?
9. Born this week, who connects the films Argo, Little Miss Sunshine, and The Rocketeer?
10. Which sci-fi comedy features a pair of miniature spaceships called the Fix-Its?
Batteries Not Included
11. Who plays William Shakespeare in 1998’s Shakespeare In Love?
12. What is the name of the Jets’ rival gang in West Side Story?
13. Which Shakespeare-inspired teen comedy connects Julia Stiles, Heath Ledger, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt?
10 Things I Hate About You (based on The Taming Of The Shrew)
14. Who starred in and directed 1989’s Henry V?
15. Starring Robby the Robot, which 1950 sci-fi film is inspired by The Tempest?
16. Which singer-songwriter’s Rocket Pictures produced 2011’s Gnomeo & Juliet, and also provided the soundtrack?
17. Which Hamlet quote completes the title of 1991’s Star Trek VI?
The Undiscovered Country
18. “Was Shakespeare A Fraud?” was the tagline to which 2011 Roland Emmerich movie?
19. Who plays Viola and her twin brother Sebastian in teen-centric Twelfth Night riff She’s The Man?
20. Akira Kurosawa’s 1957 drama Throne Of Blood is an adaptation of which Shakespeare play?
21. Which James Bond film starts with 007 opening a Union Jack parachute?
The Spy Who Loved Me
22. Who plays Robin Williams’ estranged ex-wife in Mrs Doubtfire?
23. Which sport connects the films Tin Cup, The Legend Of Bagger Vance, and The Greatest Game Ever Played?
24. Complete the title of the Stephen Hawking biopic – The Theory Of…
25. What animal shares its name with Kurt Russell’s character in Escape From New York?
Snake, as in Snake Plissken
26. Which country connects Stargate, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, and The Mummy Returns?
27. “Nobody puts Baby in the corner” is a classic line from which 1987 film?
28. What is the name of the young brontosaurus in The Land Before Time and its sequels?
29. Which British neo-noir drama connects Bob Hoskins, Cathy Tyson, and Michael Caine?
30. And finally, which director made numerous films set in the fictional town of Shermer, Illinois?
John Hughes (although they stand alone, The Breakfast Club, Planes, Trains & Automobiles, Weird Science, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, Uncle Buck, the Home Alone films, and the National Lampoon’s Vacation films are all set there)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.