Here are the answers to our quiz from 19th November 2021 – how did you do?
1. Which of the Rocky sequels is back in cinemas this week with a new director’s cut?
Rocky IV (titled Rocky Vs Drago: The Ultimate Director’s Cut)
2. Who plays the UK Prime Minister in Love Actually?
3. Cornelius, Zira, and Dr Zaius are characters in which classic sci-fi film?
Planet Of The Apes
4. What is the title of the fourth Twilight novel, adapted into two films directed by Bill Condon?
5. BBC One’s Film… programme first aired this week 50 years ago – which British film critic became its first regular presenter the following year?
6. Complete the title of the comedy starring Mike Myers – So I Married An…
… Axe Murderer
7. Who plays Veronica Sawyer in Heathers?
8. Who directed Chasing Amy?
9. In the horror film Cujo, what breed of dog is Cujo?
He’s a St Bernard
10. Born this week, who connects the 2000s films Panic Room, Flightplan, and The Brave One?
11. Mary Poppins Returns, but Julie Andrews didn’t – who plays the practically perfect nanny in 2018’s sequel?
12. The War Boys, the Bullet Farmers, and the Vuvalina all feature in which action film?
Mad Max: Fury Road
13. In what year is Denis Villeneuve’s Blade Runner sequel set?
2049, as in Blade Runner 2049
14. 1986’s The Color Of Money is a sequel to which 1961 film?
15. Which 2021 horror sequel has the same title as the 1992 original?
16. Superman Returns, but the late, great Christopher Reeve didn’t – who plays the Man of Steel in the 2006 follow-up to Richard Donner’s movies?
17. Which 2017 sequel is adapted from the novel Porno by Irvine Welsh?
18. In Star Wars: The Force Awakens and its sequels, which character is Kylo Ren’s father?
19. Who reprises the role of Semmi, Reverend Brown, and various other characters in 2021’s Coming 2 America?
20. What is the full title of the 2011 sequel to 1973’s The Wicker Man?
The Wicker Tree
21. Which classic monster movie ends with the quote “It was Beauty killed the beast”?
22. Who plays roving reporter Brian Fantana in the Anchorman movies?
23. Which famous detective does Basil Rathbone play in 1946’s Terror By Night?
24. Beatrix Kiddo is the main character in which film duology?
25. What word can you add to Cinderella, Inside, and Little to make three other movies released in the 2000s?
… Man (as in 2005’s Cinderella Man and 2006’s Inside Man and Little Man)
26. Released 20 years ago this week, Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone has a different title in the US – what is it?
Harry Potter And The Sorcerer’s Stone
27. In which 1983 comedy does Steve Martin play a surgeon called Dr Michael Hfuhruhurr?
The Man With Two Brains
28. How many heroes make up Marvel’s Big Hero team in the Disney animated movie of the same name?
6, as in Big Hero 6
29. In what decade was the 31st and final Carry On film released?
The 1990s (Carry On Columbus came out in 1992)
30. And finally, what connects Humphrey Bogart in 1972, Elvis Presley in 1993, and Adolf Hitler in 2019?
They’re all imaginary friends inspired by real people (played by Jerry Lacy in Play It Again, Sam, Val Kilmer in True Romance, and Taika Waititi in Jojo Rabbit, respectively)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.