Here are the answers to our quiz from 1st July 2022 – how did you do?
1. Born this week, who plays elf princess Arwen in the Lord Of The Rings trilogy?
2. Get Him To The Greek is a spin-off from which romantic comedy?
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
3. Which Wallace & Gromit short gives its name to a fundraising day now in its 25th year – The Wrong Trousers or A Close Shave?
4. Who directed Yesterday?
5. Which Ealing comedy connects Alec Guinness, Stanley Holloway, Sid James, and Alfie Bass?
The Lavender Hill Mob (they’re the mob)
6. 2022 – In cinemas this week! Who reprises the role of supervillain Gru in Minions: The Rise Of Gru?
7. Which crime caper franchise features a gang called the Four Horsemen?
Now You See Me
8. Madison the mermaid is a major character in which fantasy comedy?
9. Who plays Rachel, daughter of Tom Cruise’s character, in Steven Spielberg’s War Of The Worlds?
10. “There’s only one movie scarier than The Evil Dead…” is the tagline for which horror sequel?
Evil Dead II
11. Complete the famous opening line from Goodfellas – “As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a…”?
12. What type of baked dish does Mrs Lovett’s shop sell in Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street?
… Pie (you can have Pies though if you want, cos there’s loads of those films)
13. Which 2022 sports drama stars Adam Sandler as an NBA talent scout?
14. What is Deuce Bigelow’s occupation in two comedies released in the 2000s?
15. What is the name of the zombie woman who stumbles into Shaun and Ed’s garden in Shaun Of The Dead?
16. Which 1998 horror movie remake stars Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates?
17. What type of gunman connects Dirty Harry, Jack Reacher, and Phone Booth?
18. What type of Shop was the subject of the 2005 Barbershop spin-off of the same name?
19. Which 2003 dance film stars Jessica Alba as an aspiring hip-hop choreographer?
20. Which 2001 crime comedy marked Jon Favreau’s directorial debut?
21. Currently back in cinemas for its 40th anniversary, which film marked Sylvester Stallone’s first outing as John Rambo?
22. Who plays Fat Bastard in the Austin Powers films?
23. Also in the news! Which sequel became the first film of 2022 to reach the $1bn milestone at the worldwide box office?
Top Gun: Maverick
24. Who connects the films Fast Times At Ridgemont High, Gremlins, and Drop Dead Fred?
25. Complete the title of the 2004 comedy – Team America…
… World Police
26. In which classic legal drama does Henry Fonda play Juror #8?
12 Angry Men
27. Which country connects the Disney films The Aristocats, Beauty And The Beast, and The Hunchback Of Notre Dame?
They’re all set in France
28. What title connects a 1984 comedy directed by Ivan Reitman and a 2016 remake directed by Paul Feig?
29. Sarah Caroline Sinclair is the real name of which Oscar-winning British star?
30. And finally, Thomas J. Whitmore is President of the United States in which sci-fi franchise?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.