Here are the answers to our quiz from 20th August 2021 – how did you do?
1. In cinemas this week, Big In Japan is the new film spin-off of which BBC mockumentary series?
People Just Do Nothing
2. Which film features the classic line “You talkin’ to me?”
3. In which action threequel does Samuel L Jackson play Zeus Carver?
Die Hard With A Vengeance
4. In Pixar’s Brave, several members of the Scottish royal family get transformed into what type of animal?
5. Born this week, who plays CIA deputy director Pamela Landy in the Jason Bourne movies?
6. Stanley Ipkiss is the mild-mannered alter-ego of which movie superhero?
The Mask, in The Mask
7. All released this week, Island Of Lost Dreams, Game Over, and All The Time In The World are sequels to which family film?
8. Who plays ghostly boyfriend Jamie in Truly Madly Deeply?
9. Whose invasion of Earth in the year 2150 A.D is the subject of a sci-fi sequel starring Peter Cushing?
The Daleks, in Daleks Invasion Earth 2150 A.D.
10. In which comedy does Marilyn Monroe famously stand over a subway grate while wearing a white dress?
The Seven-Year Itch
11. In which fictional California town is the Back To The Future trilogy mostly set?
12. Who plays George McFly in Back To The Future, but not in the sequels?
13. Part II revolves around an almanac of sports results starting in 1950 and ending in what year?
14. Which Oscar winner plays Clara Clayton in Part III?
15. What is the name of the first dog to travel through time?
Einstein, Doc Brown’s dog in 1985
16. Which movie star’s name does Marty borrow in Part III?
17. What is the name of the injured frontman of The Starlighters at the Enchantment Under The Sea dance?
Marvin Berry (Chuck’s cousin)
18. What surname links the characters Biff, Griff, and Buford?
19. Which actor made his feature film debut as Match, a member of Biff’s gang?
20. According to a 3D cinema marquee in Part II, how many Jaws movies have been released by 2015?
19 (“The shark still looks fake” though)
21. Who directed 2001’s Planet Of The Apes?
22. Which movie musical connects Marlon Brando, Frank Sinatra, and Jean Simmons?
Guys And Dolls
23. Who does Amy Adams play in 2009’s Julie & Julia – Julie or Julia?
Julie (Meryl Streep plays TV chef Julia Childs)
24. Which country connects the films Pride, Submarine, and The Wolf Man?
25. How many Expendables movies have been released to date?
26. Who connects the films Bad Neighbours, The Greatest Showman, and The Paperboy?
27. “Bella Notte” is a song from which Disney animated film?
Lady And The Tramp
28. Nine years after Pretty Woman, Julia Roberts and Richard Gere reunited in which 1999 romantic comedy?
29. Who plays Jack Ryan in the 2002 Tom Clancy adaptation The Sum Of All Fears?
30. And finally, which Oscar-nominated 2020 drama’s title comprises movies directed by Orson Welles, Rob Marshall, and David Fincher, in that order?
The Trial Of The Chicago 7 (or Seven)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.