Here are the answers to our quiz from 20th November 2020 – how did you do?
1. “God damn you all to hell” is the final line of which science-fiction classic?
Planet Of The Apes
2. In which martial-arts fantasy film does Kurt Russell play truck driver Jack Burton?
Big Trouble In Little China
3. What is James Stewart’s character’s job in Rear Window?
He’s a photographer
4. Born this week, who plays Mandy in the 2018 revenge-horror film Mandy?
5. Which original superhero was created by Sam Raimi after he missed out on directing Batman and The Shadow?
Darkman, in Darkman
6. What is the full title of the fourth Harry Potter film?
Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire
7. Which “Club” unites Diane Keaton, Goldie Hawn, and Bette Midler in the comedy of the same name?
The First Wives Club, in The First Wives Club
8. Eminem won an Oscar for which song from the 8 Mile soundtrack?
9. Who stars as the paranoid groom in So I Married An Axe Murderer?
10. Which comic book movie features an alien supervillain named Steppenwolf?
11. Soul will be the second of two Pixar movies released in 2020 – what was the first?
12. Which toy is voiced by Don Rickles in all four Toy Story films?
Mr Potato Head
13. What is the title of the 2013 prequel to Monsters Inc?
14. What kind of insect is Francis in A Bug’s Life?
He’s a ladybird/ladybug
15. Which Pixar film opens with an asteroid narrowly missing the Earth?
The Good Dinosaur
16. 2017’s Coco is set between the Land of the Dead and which country?
17. Who provides the voice of Lightning McQueen in the Cars movies?
18. Colette, Gustave, and Anton Ego are all characters in which Pixar film?
19. In Up, what is the name of the idyllic South American destination where Carl Frederickson flies his house?
20. What connects Crush the sea turtle in Finding Nemo/Dory, Edna Mode in the Incredibles films, and the dad’s Anger in Inside Out?
All three characters are voiced by their film’s director (Andrew Stanton, Brad Bird, and Pete Docter, respectively)
21. Which 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger film is based on Philip K. Dick’s short story “We Can Remember It For You Wholesale”?
Total Recall, as discussed in this week’s Film Stories podcast.
22. How many Beverly Hills Cop movies have been released to date?
3 (a fourth instalment remains in development at Netflix)
23. 2019’s Rotten Romans is a movie spin-off of which children’s TV series?
24. What title connects a 1932 Howard Hawks film and a 1983 Brian DePalma remake?
25. Who does Lisa Kudrow play in Romy And Michele’s High School Reunion – Romy or Michele?
26. How many Days Of Night make up the timeframe of a 2007 vampire movie?
27. Composed by Bill Conti, “Gonna Fly Now” is the theme tune from which franchise?
28. Who plays Mr Smee in Steven Spielberg’s Hook?
29. Forrest Whittaker won a Best Actor Oscar for his performance in 2006’s The Last King Of… where?
30. And finally, complete the trilogy – Honey, I Shrunk The Kids; Honey, I Blew Up The Kids…
Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.