Here are the answers to our quiz from 21st August 2020 – how did you do?
1. Which horror comedy connects Michael Keaton, Alec Baldwin, and Geena Davis?
2. Who plays the hitman’s bodyguard in The Hitman’s Bodyguard?
3. Cruise Control is the sequel to which 1994 action movie?
4. Which stop-motion animation maestro provided creature effects for Jason And The Argonauts, among other films?
5. Which American landmark is the setting for the finale of X-Men?
The Statue of Liberty/Liberty Island
6. Which movie character connects Christian Bale, Jason Clarke, and Edward Furlong?
John Connor (played by Furlong in Terminator 2: Judgement Day, which hit cinemas 29 years ago this week!)
7. Which techno-thriller sees Matthew Broderick idly start up “Global Thermonuclear War”?
8. Which Hammer horror spoof stars Harry H. Corbett, Kenneth Williams, and Fenella Fielding?
Carry On Screaming
9. Who plays Poppy Moore in the teen comedy Wild Child?
10. Born this week, which Australian filmmaker directed Witness, Dead Poets Society, and The Truman Show?
11. Which film title completes this sequence – the Pledge, the Turn…
12. Who plays Leonard Shelby in Memento?
13. What is the name of the military vehicle prototype that’s effectively introduced as the Batmobile in Batman Begins?
14. In which film do Mackenzie Foy, Jessica Chastain, and Ellen Burstyn play the same character at different ages?
15. Dunkirk takes place across One Hour, One Day, and One Week, but in what year is it set?
16. Who is the only villain to appear in all three movies in the Dark Knight trilogy?
The Scarecrow (played by Cillian Murphy)
17. Édith Piaf features prominently on the Inception soundtrack, but which of the movie’s stars previously won an Oscar for playing the singer?
Marion Cotillard (in La Vie En Rose)
18. Starring Al Pacino and Robin Williams, which 2002 thriller is a remake of a Norwegian film of the same name?
19. Which John Hughes regular plays Gotham City News anchor Mike Engel in The Dark Knight?
Anthony Michael Hall
20. What is the title of Christopher Nolan’s 1998 debut feature, a neo-noir crime thriller filmed in black-and-white?
21. Who connects the films Brokeback Mountain, One Day, and The Princess Diaries?
22. What kind of animal is Wilbur in Charlotte’s Web?
He’s a pig
23. What is the full title of the third Blade movie?
24. 2011’s Attack The Block takes place on the night of which annual occasion?
25. In which country is 1994’s Muriel’s Wedding set?
26. In the UK, which weekly National Lottery draw shares its name with a James Bond film?
27. Composed by Harold Faltermeyer, “Axel F” is the theme tune from which comedy franchise?
Beverly Hills Cop
28. How many Spy Kids movies have been released to date?
4 – Spy Kids, The Island Of Lost Dreams, and Game Over (in 3D!) came out between 2001 and 2003, and a fourth, All The Time In The World (in 4D!) followed in 2011.
29. Which 1985 fantasy film stars Rutger Hauer and Michelle Pfieffer as a cursed couple?
30. And finally, who directed and starred in 1997’s The Postman, a post-apocalyptic story about rebuilding the United States Postal Service?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.