Here are the answers to our quiz from 21st January 2022 – how did you do?
1. King Schultz, Calvin Candie, and Broomhilda Von Shaft are all characters in which revisionist western?
2. Who plays adult film star Dirk Diggler in Boogie Nights?
3. “The Rain In Spain” is a song from which 1964 movie musical?
My Fair Lady
4. Who directed 1990’s Miller’s Crossing?
Joel Coen (we’ll also accept “the Coen brothers”, as they jointly wrote, directed, and edited the movie)
5. Played by John C. Reilly, Dewey Cox is the main character of which spoof music biopic?
Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story
6. Born this week, Linda Blair is best known for playing Regan MacNeil in which 1970s horror movie?
7. Set in the world of breakfast TV, which comedy connects Rachel McAdams, Harrison Ford, and Diane Keaton?
8. Complete the title of the Hammer horror movie – The Satanic Rites Of…
9. Who plays Mr Glass in the superhero threequel Glass?
Samuel L Jackson
10. Which 1988 film has the tagline “When he pours, he reigns”?
11. Which Star Trek actor directed Star Trek V: The Final Frontier?
12. Fast Five revolves around an audacious heist in which South American city?
Rio de Janeiro (older readers may remember that the UK release was marketed as Fast & Furious 5: Rio Heist)
13. Who plays John McClane’s CIA agent son Jack in A Good Day To Die Hard?
14. Back In The Hood is the fifth instalment of which horror franchise?
15. Who sang the title song for the James Bond film, You Only Live Twice?
16. George Washington Duke, Union Cane, and Tommy Gunn are all characters in which film?
17. Who plays undercover British agent Ilsa Faust in Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation?
18. Assignment Miami Beach is the fifth instalment of which comedy franchise?
19. Which Game Of Thrones star plays Sarah Connor in 2015’s Terminator Genisys?
20. What comes next in this sequence – a plane, a motorway, a rollercoaster, a racetrack…?
A suspension bridge – these are the settings for the opening disaster in each of the five Final Destination movies
21. Which 1990s blockbuster connects Antonio Banderas, Anthony Hopkins, and Catherine Zeta Jones?
The Mask Of Zorro
22. What is the title of the new neo-noir thriller directed by Guillermo del Toro?
23. Who plays Robin Hood in 1938’s The Adventures Of Robin Hood?
24. What job connects the protagonists of Darkest Hour, The Iron Lady, and The Special Relationship?
The UK Prime Minister (has he gone yet?)
25. Which comedy franchise connects Rob Lowe and Christopher Walken?
They’re the villains in the Wayne’s World movies
26. Which director’s debut novel will revisit the story of his 1995 movie Heat?
Michael Mann – more on that here…
27. Which new release is the setting for the films ’71, Good Vibrations, and In The Name Of The Father?
Belfast, as in Belfast
28. In Disney’s Oliver & Company, what kind of animal is Oliver?
He’s a cat
29. Who plays Florence Foster Jenkins, in 2016’s Florence Foster Jenkins?
30. In 1989, John Schlesinger’s Madame Sousatzka was the first-ever film to be granted which BBFC certificate?
12 – Batman was the first major release to receive the certificate, but Madame Sousatzka was the first film overall.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.