Here are the answers to our quiz from 22nd April 2022 – how did you do?
1. In The Loop is a film spin-off from which BBC sitcom?
The Thick Of It
2. Who plays General Zod in Superman II?
3. What form of transport is the Red October in The Hunt For Red October?
It’s a submarine
4. Born this week, whose three most recent films are How Do You Know, The Bucket List, and The Departed?
5. Taylor, Landon, and Dodge are astronauts who get a bit lost in which sci-fi classic?
Planet Of The Apes
6. In which romance did Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke first play the characters Céline and Jesse?
7. Which video game adaptation has the suitably spooky tagline “Some towns should never be entered”?
8. Who plays Estelle Getty’s son in Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot?
9. Tom Hardy is the only character seen on screen in which car-bound British drama?
Locke (he plays Locke)
10. What title connects a World War II movie starring Victor Mature and a James Bond movie starring Daniel Craig?
No Time To Die
11. Complete the title of Nicolas Cage’s 1982 feature debut – Fast Times At…
… Ridgemont High
12. “Put the bunny back in the box” is an immortal Cage quote from which action movie?
13. In which 2000 action movie does Cage play car thief Memphis Raines?
Gone In 60 Seconds
14. In Kick-Ass, what is the name of Damon Macready’s costumed alter-ego?
15. What type of animal is the object of Cage’s character’s devotion in the 2021 drama of the same name?
A pig, in Pig
16. What word goes after Family, Weather, and Wicker, to make three Cage films of the 2000s?
Man (as in The Family Man, The Weather Man, and The Wicker Man)
17. How many National Treasure movies have been released to date?
18. Who directed 1990’s Wild At Heart?
19. Which movie connects Cage, Wes Bentley, Peter Fonda, and Eva Mendes?
20. Which Oscar-winning director is Cage’s uncle, and directed him in 1986’s Peggy Sue Got Married?
Francis Ford Coppola
21. 2003’s Ghosts Of The Abyss is a James Cameron-directed documentary about which shipwreck?
The RMS Titanic
22. Now in cinemas, which film comes next in this sequence – The Witch > The Lighthouse > …?
The Northman (all directed by Robert Eggers)
23. In which 2002 biopic does Steve Coogan play music producer Tony Wilson?
24 Hour Party People
24. Who connects the films Fever Pitch, Love Actually, and Kingsman: The Secret Service?
25. Which city provides the setting for the 1997 sequel to An American Werewolf In London?
Paris, as in An American Werewolf In Paris
26. Who directed the 2019 comedy Jojo Rabbit?
27. Which singer connects the 1990s films Dick Tracy, A League Of Their Own, and Evita?
28. Which 1980s Disney animated film features the song “The World’s Greatest Criminal Mind”?
Basil The Great Mouse Detective
29. In which 1948 British drama does Richard Attenborough play small-time gangster Pinkie Brown?
30. And finally, in closing, what quote connects Ferris Bueller, Deadpool, and Animal from the Muppets?
“Go home”, spoken by all three characters in the post-credit scenes of Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Deadpool, and The Muppet Movie.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.