Here are the answers to our quiz from 22nd January 2021 – how did you do?
1. Who plays the devil in The Devil’s Advocate?
2. In which classic movie musical does Audrey Hepburn play Eliza Doolittle?
My Fair Lady
3. Complete the trilogy – Unbreakable, Split…
4. Which group provided the song “Kokomo” for the soundtrack of 1988’s Cocktail?
The Beach Boys
5. Who directed Cloverfield?
6. Which Tchaikovsky ballet features prominently in Black Swan?
7. Which duo co-star in the comedy western Way Out West?
Laurel and Hardy
8. Which Jennifer Garner-led comic book movie is a spin-off of 2003’s Daredevil?
9. In which film does Nicolas Cage play alcoholic screenwriter Ben Sanderson?
Leaving Las Vegas
10. Born this week, which filmmaker’s most recent directorial credit was the 2010 horror The Ward?
11. What first name is shared by Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, and Shia LaBeouf’s characters in the Indiana Jones movies?
Henry (Henry Jones, Henry “Indiana” Jones Jr, and Henry Jones III aka Mutt Williams, respectively)
12. Which Christian artefact are Indy and his father trying to find in The Last Crusade?
The Holy Grail
13. In what decade is Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull set?
14. What is the name of Indy’s junior sidekick, played by Ke Huy Quan in Temple Of Doom?
15. What poisoned fruit does the capuchin monkey spy eat in Raiders Of The Lost Ark?
Dates (“Bad dates.”)
16. Who plays Marion Ravenwood in Raiders Of The Lost Ark and Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull?
17. In which country is the Temple Of Doom located?
18. Which real-life historical figure does Grange Hill‘s Michael Sheard play in The Last Crusade?
19. What kind of animal is Reggie in Raiders Of The Lost Ark?
He’s Jock’s pet snake at the start of the film
20. What comes next in this sequence – a mountain, a gong, another mountain…
A molehill – these are all things the Paramount studio logo fades into at the start of each film, up to Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull.
21. Which 1971 family film features the song “Pure Imagination”?
Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory
22. In 300, Gerard Butler’s Leonidas is the king of which city-state?
Sparta (or “SPARTAAAAAA!”)
23. The teen comedy Bring It On is set in the world of which sporting activity?
24. Who plays US marshal Karen Sisco in 1998’s Out Of Sight?
25. Not to be confused with the popular video-game series of the same name, which 1977 comedy road movie was Ron Howard’s directorial debut?
Grand Theft Auto
26. Ralph Breaks The Internet is the 2018 sequel to which animated film?
27. Who plays US Secret Service agent Frank Horrigan in 1993’s In The Line Of Fire?
28. Complete the title of the 2008 romantic comedy – Nick And Norah’s Infinite…
29. Which British zombie film connects Gemma Arterton, Glenn Close, and Paddy Considine?
The Girl With All The Gifts
30. And finally, how many of Martin Scorsese’s feature films has Leonardo DiCaprio starred in to date?
5 (Gangs Of New York, The Aviator, The Departed, Shutter Island, and The Wolf Of Wall Street – they’re currently working on a sixth, Killers Of The Flower Moon)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.