Here are the answers to our quiz from 22nd July 2022 – how did you do?
1. “Size does matter” is the tagline for which American monster movie?
2. Who breaks up with Vince Vaughn in The Break-Up?
3. What kind of animal is Fievel in An American Tail and its sequels?
He’s a mouse
4. Born this week, which actor’s characters include Jesus of Nazareth, Vincent Van Gogh, and Max Schreck?
Willem Dafoe (in The Last Temptation Of Christ, At Eternity’s Gate, and Shadow Of The Vampire)
5. In cinemas this week! Complete the title of the mystery drama – Where The Crawdads…?
6. In which 1990s blockbuster does Brian Blessed play Kevin Costner’s father?
Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves
7. In The BFG, what do the initials BFG stand for?
“Big Friendly Giant”
8. Shooter McGavin is the villain in which sports comedy?
9. What is the name of WALL-E’s female robot companion in WALL-E?
10. “Shut up and deal” is the final line of which Billy Wilder-directed film?
11. Who plays Nicholas Angel in 2007’s Hot Fuzz – Simon Pegg or Nick Frost?
12. Which Spike Lee joint is set in and around Sal’s Pizzeria during a New York heatwave?
Do The Right Thing
13. Who plays police inspector Virgil Tibbs in In The Heat Of The Night?
14. Which 1981 erotic thriller connects William Hurt, Kathleen Turner, and Ted Danson?
15. Who directed the 2007 sci-fi thriller Sunshine?
16. “Summer Nights” is a song from which 1970s movie musical?
17. Who plays Lieutenant Topper Harley in Hot Shots! and its sequel?
18. What title connects a 1965 desert survival thriller starring James Stewart and a 2004 remake starring Dennis Quaid?
(The) Flight Of The Phoenix
19. Which 2006 comedy revolves around Olive Hoover and family travelling to a child beauty pageant?
Little Miss Sunshine
20. Which double-Oscar-winning British movie star made an early uncredited screen appearance as a policeman in 1961’s The Day The Earth Caught Fire?
21. Which Hollywood movie studio features a Pegasus in its logo?
22. 2007’s Rise Of The Silver Surfer is the sequel to which 2005 comic-book movie?
23. Who connects the 1990s films Total Recall, Basic Instinct, and Casino?
24. In the news! Director Denis Villeneuve has started production on a sequel to which Oscar-winning 2021 blockbuster?
25. In a 2007 comedy sequel, which character’s Holiday winds up at the Cannes film festival?
Mr Bean, in Mr Bean’s Holiday
26. Which animated film goes before Bravo, Grande, and Lobo to make the titles of three different John Wayne Westerns?
Rio, as in 1959’s Rio Bravo, 1950’s Rio Grande, and 1970’s Rio Lobo
27. In what decade was Jaws 3D released in cinemas?
The 1980s (1983, to be exact)
28. Which of these annual celebrations of cinema snacks took place on 20th July – National Popcorn Day or National Hot Dog Day?
National Hot Dog Day
29. Who plays US Presidents in the films Night At The Museum, The Butler, and Man Of The Year?
Robin Williams (the characters are waxwork Theodore Roosevelt, actual Dwight D. Eisenhower and fictional late-night-host-turned-POTUS Tom Dobbs, respectively)
30. And finally, complete the trilogy – I Know What You Did Last Summer > I Still Know What You Did Last Summer > …?
I’ll Always Know What You Did Last Summer
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.