Here are the answers to our 2020 quiz of the year – how did you do?
1. Which foreign-language film won the Oscar for Best Picture at this year’s Academy Awards?
2. What is the name of Sherlock Holmes’ younger sister in the Netflix film based on Nancy Springer’s young-adult mystery series?
Enola, in Enola Holmes
3. Which long-delayed young-adult horror film brought Fox’s X-Men franchise to an end?
The New Mutants
4. What national accent does Robert Downey Jr use to talk to the animals in Dolittle?
Welsh (He does it right to Michael Sheen’s face and all!)
5. Who connects the 2020 releases Seberg, Underwater, and Happiest Season?
6. “What you can’t see can hurt you” is the tagline to which horror film?
The Invisible Man
7. Who had a UK number 1 single in February with the theme song from the (still-upcoming) James Bond film No Time To Die?
8. What is the full title of DreamWorks’ second Trolls film, which was released on premium VOD in April?
Trolls: World Tour
9. Who plays Will Ferrell’s bandmate Sigrit in Eurovision Song Contest: The Story Of Fire Saga?
10. What connects Christopher Nolan’s latest, a Jessica Chastain assassin thriller, and a Vin Diesel franchise that ran into legal trouble in October?
Their titles are palindromes (Tenet, Ava, and xXx, respectively)
11. Which Marvel star plays black-ops mercenary Tyler Rake in Netflix’s Extraction?
12. Complete the trilogy – Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey…
Bill & Ted Face The Music
13. Who directed the Small Axe anthology of films for BBC One?
14. Calm With Horses, Dating Amber, and Wolfwalkers are all set in which country?
15. Played by Maria Bakalova, Tutar Sagdiyev is a major character in which comedy sequel?
Borat: Subsequent Moviefilm
16. A statue of slave trader Edward Colston was removed from its plinth in Bristol City Centre in June – which Star Wars character figurine temporarily replaced it earlier this month?
Darth Vader (in memory of David Prowse)
17. In Judd Apatow’s comedy, Pete Davidson played The King Of… where?
… Staten Island
18. Which actor and martial arts star plays the Emperor of China in Disney’s live-action remake of Mulan?
19. The late, great Chadwick Boseman has a posthumous role as a trumpeter in which Netflix drama film?
Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
20. Which Film Stories magazine cover star appeared in the 2020 releases The Personal History Of David Copperfield, Eternal Beauty, and Saint Maud?
BONUS ROUND: If you got all five of the underlined films in any order, you get the full 10 points. Otherwise, 1 point each for any five of these ten films…
- Sonic The Hedgehog
- Bad Boys For Life
- The Gentlemen
- Birds Of Prey
- Jojo Rabbit
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.