Here are the answers to our quiz from 23rd July 2021 – how did you do?
1. Which animated film sees the Beatles take on the music-hating Blue Meanies?
2. In cinemas this week, Old is the new thriller from which director?
M. Night Shyamalan
3. Which live-action monster movie connects Simpsons regulars Hank Azaria, Harry Shearer, and Nancy Cartwright?
4. According to the title of the fourth Love Bug movie, who Goes Bananas?
Herbie, in Herbie Goes Bananas
5. Which English actor plays King Arthur in Antoine Fuqua’s King Arthur?
6. Which sequel sees Superman callously blow out the Olympic torch at the opening ceremony?
Superman III (there he goes…)
7. Born this week, who connects the films Scary Movie, White Chicks, and On The Rocks?
8. In which comedy do Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, and Jason Sudeikis conspire to kill their employers?
9. Who plays Barney Rubble in the first live-action Flintstones movie?
10. Bud Baxter and Fran Kubelik are the main characters in which Billy Wilder romantic comedy?
11. “If I am not me, then who the hell am I?” (1990)
12. “If it bleeds, we can kill it.” (1987)
13. “I’m afraid my condition has left me cold to your pleas of mercy.” (1997)
Batman & Robin
14. “My nipples are sensitive.” (1994)
15. “Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last? […] I lied.” (1985)
16. “Put the cookie down! Now!” (1996)
Jingle All The Way
17. “Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to hell with you!” (1982)
Conan The Barbarian
18. “To be, or not to be? Not to be!” (1993)
Last Action Hero
19. “Hey, dickhead! Tell us where our mother is…” (1988)
20. “I won’t be back.” (2019)
Terminator: Dark Fate
21. What is the name of Will Ferrell’s character in the Anchorman movies?
22. “Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo” is a song from which Disney animated film?
23. Whose acting and writing credits include Last Christmas, Nanny McPhee, and Sense And Sensibility?
24. Complete the title of the 2007 western – The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward…
… Robert Ford
25. The low-budget studio Wakaliwood is based in which African country?
26. How many days does Kate Hudson have to lose Matthew McConaughey in the 2003 romcom of the same name?
10 days, as in How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days
27. Who plays Ilsa Lund in Casablanca?
28. Which 1998 slasher film has sequels titled Final Cut and Bloody Mary?
29. Who directed the James Bond films Skyfall and Spectre?
30. And finally, what word goes after Day, Out, and Point to make three movies of the 1990s?
Break? Don’t mind if we do – see you in August, quiz fans!
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.