Here are the answers to our quiz from 23rd October 2020 – how did you do?
1. Which new Ben Wheatley-directed film connects Lily James, Armie Hammer, and Kristin Scott Thomas?
2. Which comedy follows Clark Griswold and his family on their way to the Walley World theme park?
3. Who plays Marie Antoinette in Marie Antoinette?
4. Which romantic comedy stars Michael J Fox as an aspiring surgeon stranded in small-town South Carolina?
5. Born this week, which director’s most recent film was 2013’s Oz The Great And Powerful?
Sam Raimi (Unbelievably, 2022’s Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness will mark his first film in NINE years)
6. Henry Hill is the protagonist of which crime movie?
7. Which dystopian sci-fi teen movie has sequels called The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure?
The Maze Runner
8. Who plays software engineer Kevin Flynn in Disney’s TRON?
9. Which German thriller sees Franka Potente trying to raise 100,000 Deutschmarks in 20 minutes?
Run Lola Run
10. Which singer wrote and performed the title song (aka Petey’s Song) for Wes Anderson’s Fantastic Mr Fox?
11. Complete the title of the 2013 movie – Alan Partridge…
12. Which TV duo headlined the 2006 “true story” comedy Alien Autopsy?
Ant and Dec
13. Starring Viola Davis, Michelle Rodriguez, and Elizabeth Debicki, which 2018 movie is a remake of a 1980s ITV drama serial?
14. Who plays Emma Peel in 1998’s The Avengers?
15. In which country does Mr Bean’s Holiday take place?
16. Ray Winstone and Ben Drew headlined the 2012 movie reboot of which ITV series?
17. The Greater Good is the cinematic finale to which BBC One drama series?
Spooks (Insert your own Hot Fuzz joke here)
18. Who plays David Morrissey’s politician character in the film remake of State Of Play?
19. Star Trek actor and film director Jonathan Frakes also helmed a 2004 film based on which children’s TV series?
20. Which former boyband star provides the singing voice of Postman Pat, in his unaccountably talent-show-centric feature film debut?
Ronan Keating (Stephen Mangan provide Pat’s postman voice – why couldn’t he just deliver post though?!)
21. In Life Of Pi, what kind of animal is Richard Parker?
He’s a tiger
22. In the news – who will reprise his title role from 1988’s Willow in a new Disney+ sequel series?
23. Gregory Peck and Robert Mitchum were in two movies together, both with the same title – what’s the title?
Cape Fear (They star in the 1962 version and make cameo appearances in Martin Scorsese’s 1991 remake)
24. Which Russian royal was voiced by Meg Ryan in a 1997 animated movie?
Anastasia, in Anastasia
25. Who directed and starred in 2019’s Motherless Brooklyn?
26. Be Cool is the sequel to which 1995 comedy?
27. Who plays the Cat in the Hat in 2003’s The Cat In The Hat?
28. “They call me Mister Tibbs” is a famous line from which Oscar-winning 1967 drama?
In The Heat Of The Night
29. Casanova Frankenstein is the villain in which 1999 comic book movie?
30. And finally, what connects the characters Vicki Lester, Esther Hoffman, and Ally Campana?
They’re all the titular “Star” in different versions of A Star Is Born.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.