Here are the answers to our quiz from 24th September 2021 – how did you do?
1. In cinemas this week, The Many Saints Of Newark is a prequel to which TV drama series?
2. “Tubular Bells” is the theme song for which classic horror movie?
3. Complete the title of the hit romantic comedy – My Big Fat Greek…
4. In which US city is the sequel to Escape From New York primarily set?
Los Angeles, as in Escape From LA
5. Born this week, who directed The Iron Giant and the Incredibles movies?
6. Which Oscar-nominated crime drama stars Kevin Costner as Eliot Ness?
7. Whose Moving Castle is the subject of a Studio Ghibli animated film?
Howl’s, as in Howl’s Moving Castle
8. Who plays Damien Thorn in Omen III: The Final Conflict?
9. “There’s no crying in baseball!” is a quote from which sports comedy?
A League Of Their Own
10. What title connects a 1960 John Sturges film and an Antoine Fuqua remake?
The Magnificent Seven
11. Who plays Sir Gawain in 2021’s The Green Knight?
12. Which 1991 film sees Robin Williams’ homeless character hunting for the Holy Grail in Manhattan?
The Fisher King
13. Who directed 2017’s King Arthur: The Legend Of The Sword?
14. Over the course of Disney’s The Sword In The Stone, Wart and Merlin are transfigured into birds, fish, and what other animal?
15. Which actor connects 1981’s Excalibur and 2019’s The Kid Who Would Be King?
Patrick Stewart – he plays King Leodegrance in the former and Merlin in the latter.
16. The Last Knight is the fifth instalment in which blockbuster franchise?
17. Who plays Guinevere in 2004’s King Arthur?
18. What Arthurian name is given to Mark Strong’s quartermaster in the Kingsman movies?
19. Which singer provides the voice of young Arthur Pendragon in Shrek The Third?
20. What powerful artefact fettles the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog in Monty Python And The Holy Grail?
The Holy Hand Grenade (of Antioch)
21. Who made her film debut as Mia Thermopolis in The Princess Diaries?
22. In the news – Visions is a series of Japanese animated short films based on which movie franchise?
23. What colour goes before Book, Room, and Zone to make three films of the 2010s?
Green (2019’s Green Book, 2016’s Green Room, and 2010’s Green Zone, respectively)
24. Crysta, Pips, and Batty Koda are characters in which 1990s animated film?
Ferngully: The Last Rainforest
25. Which romantic lead’s name is an anagram of GERMANY?
26. Complete the trilogy – Meet The Parents, Meet The Fockers…
27. Which 2017 independent drama takes place largely in the Magic Castle Motel outside Walt Disney World?
The Florida Project
28. How many Insidious movies have been released to date?
29. Which 1961 WW2 epic connects Gregory Peck, David Niven, and Anthony Quinn?
The Guns Of Navarone
30. And finally, Spider Rico is a character in which Best Picture winner?
Rocky (he’s the boxer who Rocky beats in the first match we see him fight)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.