Here are the answers to our quiz from 25th February 2022 – how did you do?
1. Who plays boxer Jake LaMotta in Raging Bull?
Robert De Niro
2. What is the full title of the sequel to The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel?
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
3. Born this week, who plays Sam Gamgee in the Lord Of The Rings trilogy?
4. Which country’s national bobsleigh team are the main characters in Cool Runnings?
5. Who directed Brazil?
6. Which fairy-tale characters are reimagined as Witch Hunters played by Jeremy Renner and Gemma Arterton in the film of the same name?
Hansel and Gretel, in Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
7. Which star of 1995’s Sense & Sensibility won an Oscar for writing its screenplay?
8. Which Disney animated sci-fi film is loosely based on a novel by Robert Louis Stevenson?
Treasure Planet (inspired by Treasure Island, of course)
9, Complete the title of the anthology movie starring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee – Dr Terror’s House Of…
10. Later remade with that title in 2002, which Thomas Harris novel was originally adapted as Manhunter?
11. “What a world, what a world! Who ever thought a little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness! Ah, I’m going! Ahh!” (1939)
The Wizard Of Oz
12. “I have been and always shall be your friend. Live long and prosper.” (1980)
Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan
13. “That really was a Hattori Hanzo sword…” (2003)
Kill Bill: Volume One
14. “Clever girl…” (1993)
15. “Orange mocha frappuccino! Come on, man! Come on!” (2001)
Zoolander (right before a freak gasoline fight accident)
16. “I know now why you cry. But it’s something I can never do. Goodbye.” (1991)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day
17. “Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!” (1987)
The Princess Bride
18. “I am inevitable.” (2019)
19. “Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay gold.” (1983)
20. “A wooden leg named Smith? A wooden leg named Smith? A wooden… hahahahaha…” (1964)
Mary Poppins (Mr Dawes Sr literally dies laughing)
21. What colour connects characters played by Michael Caine, Pam Grier, and Christopher Lloyd?
Brown, as in Harry Brown, Foxy (or Jackie!) Brown, and Doctor Emmett Brown.
22. Which 2017 romantic comedy follows a fictionalised version of screenwriters Kumail Nanjiani and Emily V. Gordon’s relationship?
The Big Sick
23. Which band play themselves in the horror-comedy Studio 666?
24. In which 2009 comedy do Zac Efron and Matthew Perry play the same character at different ages?
25. Who plays Queenie Shaw in the Fast & Furious franchise?
26. Which 1965 movie musical has the tagline “The happiest sound in all the world”?
The Sound Of Music
27. What title connects a 2004 film starring Ron Perlman and a 2019 reboot starring David Harbour?
28. Who plays Cyrano de Bergerac in the musical Cyrano?
29. What is Bruce Willis’ day job in 1997’s The Fifth Element?
He’s a taxi driver
30. And finally, what connects the characters George Kaplan, Randall Stevens, and Rollo Tomasi?
They’re all fake names or aliases for characters in North By North West, The Shawshank Redemption, and L.A. Confidential, respectively.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.