Here are the answers to our quiz from 25th June 2020 – how did you do?
- In which film does Sylvester Stallone play mountain rescue ranger Gabe Walker? – Cliffhanger
- Who wrote, directed, and starred in the classic comedy The Gold Rush? – Charlie Chaplin
- What is the title of the third movie in The Twilight Saga? – Eclipse
- Who plays the mummy in The Mummy? – Arnold Vosloo
- Which horror film stars Peter Capaldi as “WHO Doctor”, right before he was cast in Doctor Who? – World War Z
- Born this week, who plays 7th evil ex Gideon Graves in Scott Pilgrim Vs The World? – Jason Schwartzman
- Max, Duke, and Snowball are characters in which Illumination animated feature? – The Secret Life Of Pets
- Who directed the all-star World War II epic A Bridge Too Far? – Richard Attenborough
- In which comic book movie does Professor X knock Star Lord’s teeth out with an office keyboard? – Wanted, starring James McAvoy and Chris Pratt in very un-Marvel roles.
- Who does Janet Brown play in the preposterous finale of the James Bond film For Your Eyes Only? – Margaret Thatcher
- Which 2018 giant-shark blockbuster stars Jason Statham, Li Bingbing, and Ruby Rose? – The Meg
- Voiced by Barry Humphries, which character leads the vegetarian shark support group in Finding Nemo? – Bruce (named after cinema’s most famous shark!)
- Who plays a stranded surfer under attack by a great white shark in 2016’s The Shallows? – Blake Lively
- Which actor famously missed out on collecting his Oscar for Hannah And Her Sisters because he was filming Jaws: The Revenge? – Michael Caine
- How many Sharknado films have been released to date? – 6 (Sharknado, then sequels The Second One, Oh Hell No!, The 4th Awakens, Global Swarming, and finally, The Last Sharknado: It’s About Time)
- Which implausible gadget does Batman use to fight off an exploding shark in 1966’s Batman: The Movie? – Shark-repellent Bat-spray
- Who directed The Adventures Of Sharkboy And Lavagirl in 3D? – Robert Rodriguez
- In which comedy film does Bill Murray’s title character want to destroy a jaguar shark? – The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou
- Complete the title of the 2009 Asylum horror flick – Mega Shark Versus… Giant Octopus
- Which rapper stars in and also provides the theme song for Deep Blue Sea? – LL Cool J
- Who plays the title role in 2020’s The Personal History Of David Copperfield? – Dev Patel
- 1992’s A League Of Their Own is about women playing which sport? – Baseball
- In which country is 2008’s In Bruges mostly set? – Belgium
- Who plays TV news reporter Gale Weathers in the Scream movies? – Courteney Cox
- Excluding documentaries, which of Jim Carrey’s movies has the longest title? – At a whopping 41 characters without spaces, Lemony Snicket’s A Series Of Unfortunate Events
- Which Oscar winner plays Molly Brown in 1997’s Titanic? – Kathy Bates
- Blair, Childs, and Windows are all characters in which 1980s horror film? – The Thing
- How many Days Of Summer does Joseph Gordon-Levitt have in the 2009 movie? – 500
- Who connects the films Doctor Strange, Spotlight, and State Of Play? – Rachel McAdams
- And finally, the late, great Joel Schumacher directed Gerard Butler in the 2004 screen version of which Andrew Lloyd Webber musical? – The Phantom Of The Opera
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.