Here are the answers to our quiz from 25th March 2022 – how did you do?
1. Which Netflix-backed comedy is about the discovery of a planet-killing comet on a collision course with Earth?
Don’t Look Up
2. Who is nominated for Best Director and Best Original Screenplay Oscars for Belfast?
3. Which Pixar film takes place in the small Italian town of Portorosso?
4. Born this week in 1977, who scored a Best Actress nomination for playing the title character in The Eyes Of Tammy Faye?
5. Which Best Picture contender takes its name from a slang term for a 12-inch vinyl record?
6. What is Richard’s surname in the sports biopic King Richard?
Williams, father of tennis players Venus and Serena
7. Real-life couple Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons both have acting nominations for their roles in which western drama?
The Power Of The Dog
8. Which fortuitously named actor plays Duke Leto Atreides in Dune?
Oscar Isaac (that’s one already!)
9. Which of this year’s Best Visual Effects contenders connects acting nominees Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, and J.K. Simmons?
They’re all in Spider-Man: No Way Home, but they’re nominated for other movies
10. Which Oscar-winning star of 1961’s West Side Story both acts in and executive-produces Steven Spielberg’s 2021 remake?
11. “Shallow” (2018)
A Star Is Born
12. “When You Wish Upon A Star” (1940)
13. “Take My Breath Away” (1986)
14. “Talk To The Animals” (1967)
15. “It’s Hard Out Here For A Pimp” (2005)
Hustle & Flow
16. “(I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life” (1987)
17. “Writing’s On The Wall” (2015)
18. “Moon River” (1961)
Breakfast At Tiffany’s
19. “Into The West” (2003)
The Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King
20. “Evergreen” (1976)
A Star Is Born (the other one)
21. True or false? All three Godfather films won the Oscar for Best Picture.
False (Part III was nominated, but it’s the only one that didn’t win any Oscars whatsoever)
22. “Are you not entertained?” is a famous quote from which 2000 film?
23. Also born this week, in 1958! Who won Best Actress for playing Ada McGrath in 1993’s The Piano?
24. In which 1956 film does David Niven play Phileas Fogg?
Around The World In 80 Days
25. Who most recently scored two acting nominations in the same year, for her 2019 roles in Jojo Rabbit and Marriage Story?
26. Which war connects the films The Deer Hunter, Forrest Gump, and Platoon?
The Vietnam war
27. Who won a Best Supporting Actor Oscar for playing football star Rod Tidwell in 1996’s Jerry Maguire?
Cuba Gooding Jr
28. Complete the title of the 1941 John Ford-directed film – How Green Was My…
29. Who won Best Director Oscars for the films Sense & Sensibility and Life Of Pi?
30. And finally, which film comes next in this sequence of Best Picture winners: Marty > The Apartment > Schindler’s List > … ?
The Artist (these are the four most recent black-and-white Best Picture winners – maybe Belfast will be next?)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.