Here are the answers to our quiz from 25th September 2020 – how did you do?
1. Sleepless In Seattle concludes with a scene at which New York landmark?
The Empire State Building
2. What is the full title of the second Kingsman movie?
Kingsman: The Golden Circle
3. Who plays English student Todd Anderson in Dead Poets Society?
4. Who directed and starred in Space Cowboys?
5. Born this week, who plays fellow Oscar winner Olivia de Havilland in the 2017 TV drama Feud?
Catherine Zeta Jones
6. Which sport is the subject of the family drama Warrior?
Mixed martial arts (MMA)
7. Which World War II movie features a suicide mission called Project Amnesty?
The Dirty Dozen
8. Complete the title of the Studio Ghibli animated feature – Howl’s Moving…
9. Which gothic horror film connects Angela Lansbury, Stephen Rea, and Terence Stamp?
The Company Of Wolves
10. Which historical figure does Paul Bettany play in the biopic Creation?
11. Who plays Watson opposite Robert Downey Jr’s Holmes in Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes movies?
12. Which 1988 comedy stars Michael Caine as a drunken actor hired to play Sherlock by actual genius Dr Watson?
Without A Clue (a cracking film, that)
13. In the not-very-good Holmes & Watson, who plays Holmes – Will Ferrell or John C. Reilly?
Will Ferrell (why couldn’t it be more like Without A Clue?)
14. Sherlock Gnomes is the sequel to which 2011 animated film?
Gnomeo & Juliet
15. 1985’s Young Sherlock Holmes is the first feature film to include a fully CG character – a knight that steps out of what type of artwork?
A stained-glass window
16. Who plays the elderly Sherlock in 2015’s Mr Holmes?
17. The great Basil Rathbone made his first appearance as Holmes in a 1939 adaptation of which adventure?
The Hound Of The Baskervilles
18. Which Hollywood legend directed The Private Life Of Sherlock Holmes?
19. What is the name of Basil of Baker Street’s nemesis in Disney’s Basil The Great Mouse Detective?
20. Which 2003 comedy sequel sees a character introduce himself to Arthur Conan Doyle by the name Sherlock Holmes?
Shanghai Knights (Owen Wilson’s character gets the name from a clock face)
21. In which country is Hunt For The Wilderpeople set?
22. In which musical does Jim Broadbent sing Madonna’s “Like A Virgin”?
23. Who plays Civil War veteran Ethan Edwards in The Searchers?
24. Dutch, Dillon, and Mac are all characters in which 1980s action movie?
25. Which implausible sequel subtitle connects the Friday The 13th, Resident Evil, and Saw franchises?
“The Final Chapter” – the fourth Friday the 13th, the sixth Resident Evil, and the seventh Saw
26. Which 2016 horror film features a goat called Black Phillip?
27. Who plays Private Benjamin in Private Benjamin?
28. How many Underworld films have been released to date?
5 (the original and then Evolution, Rise Of The Lycans, Awakening, and Blood Wars
29. “Spats” Colombo is the villain in which 1959 romantic comedy?
Some Like It Hot
30. And finally, (sob) what is the Iron Giant’s last word in The Iron Giant?
Thank you for visiting!
We are fundraising to keep our magazines going into 2021 – could you please support us or spread the word:
Or become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.