Here are the answers to our quiz from 27th November 2020 – how did you do?
1. What is the full title of Christopher Reeve’s fourth Superman movie?
Superman IV: The Quest For Peace
2. Which sport is the subject of Moneyball?
3. 75 years old this week, which romantic drama follows an affair between Trevor Howard and Celia Johnson?
4. In which country is Disney’s The Aristocats set?
5. Which sci-fi horror film stars Debbie Harry as radio host Nicki Brand?
6. Who is the tallest of Charlie’s Angels in McG’s Charlie’s Angels films – Drew Barrymore, Cameron Diaz, or Lucy Liu?
Cameron Diaz (They are 5’4, 5’9, and 5’3, respectively)
7. Who directed and starred in The Two Jakes, the belated sequel to Chinatown?
8. In which drama does Mark Rylance play Soviet agent Rudolf Abel?
Bridge Of Spies
9. Born this week, which action movie star was played by Jason Scott Lee in the 1993 biopic Dragon?
10. Katie Featherston is best known for her recurring role in which horror franchise?
11. Skid Row / Grow For Me / Suddenly, Seymour (1960)
Little Shop Of Horrors (the musical was then adapted for the screen in 1986)
12. Born To Boogie / Angry Dance / Merry Christmas, Maggie Thatcher (2000)
13. Small Town, U.S.A. / February 2nd / Everything About You (1993)
14. Cabin In The Woods / Housewares Employee / Join Us (1981)
The Evil Dead
15. Land Of Lola / Sex Is In The Heel / What A Woman Wants (2005)
16. The King Of Broadway / Keep It Gay / Springtime For Hitler (1967)
The Producers (the musical was then adapted for the screen in 2005)
17. Travel Song / Beautiful Ain’t Always Pretty / What’s Up, Duloc? (2001)
18. The Whole “Being Dead” Thing / Fright Of Their Lives / Say My Name (1988)
19. The Greatest Star Of All / The Lady’s Paying / The Final Scene (1950)
20. Papa Shtarling / Quid Pro Quo / Catherine Dies Today (1991)
The Silence Of The Lambs (Silence! The Musical was a parody, you’ll be relieved to know…)
21. Who stars as Del Griffith opposite Steve Martin in Planes, Trains & Automobiles?
22. Which 2017 romantic comedy chronicles the true story of its screenwriters Kumail Nanjiani and Emily V. Gordon?
The Big Sick
23. What is the first name of Al Pacino’s Don Corleone in the Godfather trilogy?
24. Complete the trilogy – Friday, Next Friday…
Friday After Next
25. In Airplane!, which meal choice gives half of the passengers food poisoning – chicken or fish?
26. Who connects the films Winter’s Bone, American Hustle, and Red Sparrow?
27. Played by Sean Connery, Daniel Dravot is the title character in which 1975 adventure film?
The Man Who Would Be King
28. What type of animal is Spike in the Ace Ventura movies?
He’s a Capuchin monkey
29. Never Surrender is a documentary about the making of which 1999 sci-fi comedy?
30. What connects the songs “All About You”, “Chelsea Dagger”, and “I’m Jim Morrison, I’m Dead”?
They’re all songs by bands who got their names from 1980s Amblin movies (respectively, McFly from Back To The Future, The Fratellis from The Goonies, and Mogwai from Gremlins) – top that, Ernest Cline!
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.