Here are the answers to our quiz from 28th January 2022 – how did you do?
1. Which comedy was certified 15 by the BBFC for “strong language, violence and sex, all involving puppets”?
Team America: World Police
2. Who plays Charles Foster Kane in Citizen Kane?
3. Euphegenia is the first name of which Robin Williams character?
Mrs Doubtfire, in Mrs Doubtfire
4. “We’re not gonna fall for a banana in the tailpipe” is a quote from which 1984 comedy?
Beverly Hills Cop
5. Who directed The Frighteners?
6. Shadow Recruit is the fifth big-screen outing for which literary character, and the first to feature his name in its title?
Jack Ryan, as in Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit
7. In which country is The Name Of The Rose primarily set?
8. Which filmmaker closed his Best Director Oscar acceptance speech with the quote “I’m king of the world”?
James Cameron, for Titanic
9. “A Little Priest” is a song from which movie musical?
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street
10. Born this week, who connects the films Son Of Rambow, We’re The Millers, and The Revenant?
11. Which movie duology features the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad?
12. Which 2001 horror film sees siblings Gina Phillips and Justin Long being terrorised by a flesh-eating creature?
13. Which VHS rental shop is staffed by Jack Black and Mos Def in the 2007 comedy of the same name?
Be Kind Rewind
14. Which superhero movie co-stars Bruce Campbell as a super-loud PE teacher called Coach Boomer?
15. Which 2013 film marked Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s feature directorial debut?
16. In which sci-fi sports movie does Hugh Jackman manage a fighting robot called Atom?
17. What is the full title of the 2005 sequel to Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo?
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
18. Which Detroit PD detective sergeant is played by Carl Weathers in the 1988 action film of the same name?
19. Which 1980s horror comedy features a suburban vampire called Jerry Dandridge?
20. In the final season of Breaking Bad, Walter White stays in an off-grid cabin where the only DVDs are two copies of which 2007 family film about a magic toy shop?
Mr Magorium’s Wonder Emporium
21. Which movie supervillain has a cat called Mr Bigglesworth?
Dr Evil, in the Austin Powers movies
22. Who plays pregnant TV presenter Alison in 2007’s Knocked Up?
23. Which 1985 comedy whodunnit originally played in cinemas with three alternate endings?
24. What kind of animal is the McConaughey-voiced theatre owner Buster Moon in Sing and Sing 2?
He’s a koala
25. Which singer is the subject of the 2021 biopic Respect?
26. What title connects a 1976 film directed by John Carpenter and a 2005 remake starring Ethan Hawke?
Assault On Precinct 13
27. Who plays ex-CIA mercenary Sam Regazolli in 1998’s Ronin?
Robert De Niro
28. Which 1996 historical drama connects Daniel Day-Lewis, Winona Ryder, and Paul Scofield?
29. E4’s Skins turns 15 this week – which Oscar-winning actor played Posh Kenneth in the first two series?
30. And finally, one last rhyme – who plays Ann Darrow in 1933’s King Kong?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.