Here are the answers to our quiz from 29th January 2021 – how did you do?
1. “Rosebud” is the first line of which classic 1941 drama?
2. Who plays the vampire Lestat in 1994’s Interview With The Vampire?
3. Which sport features prominently in Aardman’s Early Man?
4. In which 1986 mystery film does Sean Connery play friar William of Baskerville?
The Name Of The Rose
5. Which song by The Beatles is the nickname of Kate Hudson’s character in Almost Famous?
6. Who directed 1997’s Titanic?
7. Complete the musical’s title – Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber Of…
… Fleet Street
8. Born this week, who connects the films Boogie Nights, From Hell, and The Hangover?
9. Which frosty survival thriller sees Liam Neeson punch a wolf in the face?
10. Which 1970s James Bond film holds the record for the most-watched film premiere in UK TV history, with 23.5 million viewers watching on 30th January 1980?
Live & Let Die
11. It’s supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! (1964)
12. Movies were his passion. Women were his inspiration. Angora sweaters were his weakness. (1994)
13. She brought a small town to its feet and a huge corporation to its knees. (2000)
14. He knows no fear. He knows no danger. He knows nothing. (2003)
15. A nervous romance. (1977)
16. The greatest underdog story of our time is back for one final round. (2006)
17. She makes dinner. She does windows. She reads bedtime stories. She’s a blessing… in disguise. (1993)
18. An anti-hate satire. (2019)
19. Six players on the trail of a half a million in cash. There’s only one question… who’s playing who? (1997)
20. For years, he’s been the last word in professional football. Now he’s Earth’s only chance for a future. (1980)
21. Who plays Dr Louise Banks in 2016’s Arrival?
22. Which family movie franchise stars Jack Black as writer R.L. Stine?
23. According to a 2013 French film, what is The Warmest Colour?
Blue, as in Blue Is The Warmest Colour
24. In the news – Game Changers is a new Disney Plus spin-off series from which film franchise?
The Mighty Ducks
25. What BBFC certificate did the “18” certificate replace when it was introduced in 1982?
The X certificate
26. In which classic comedy does the late, great Cloris Leachman play Frau Blücher? (cue startled horse noises)
27. How many live-action Alvin And The Chipmunks films have been released to date?
4 (after the 2007 original, The Squeakquel, Chipwrecked, and The Road Chip followed)
28. Who connects the films Kick-Ass, Nowhere Boy, and Tenet?
29. Which sci-fi movie prominently features a Waste Allocation Load Lifter, Earth class?
WALL-E (revenge of the acronyms!)
30. And finally, which actor raises his fist aloft in the freeze-frame final shot of The Breakfast Club?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.