Here are the answers to our Halloween quiz from 29th October 2021 – how did you do?
1. Which Disney film connects Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy?
2. In cinemas this week, Last Night In Soho is the new horror film by which director?
3. Book Of Shadows is a meta-sequel to which independent horror film?
The Blair Witch Project
4. Who plays Danny Torrance in Doctor Sleep?
5. Which black-comedy teen horror film spun-off a more beloved TV series that ran from 1997 to 2003?
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
6. Which fictional town is the home of “witches” Cher, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Susan Sarandon in the supernatural comedy of the same name?
Eastwick, as in The Witches Of Eastwick
7. Born on Halloween, which director’s feature debut was the horror comedy Bad Taste?
8. Katie Featherston is best known for her recurring role in which horror franchise?
9. Which character is Dead And Loving It in a Mel Brooks spoof starring Leslie Nielsen?
10. Complete the quote: “If it’s in a word or in a look, you can’t get rid of…”
The Babadook, in The Babadook
11. Who plays R.J. MacReady in 1982’s The Thing?
12. Samara Morgan is a major character in which 2002 American-language remake?
13. What is the full title of the 2013 sequel to Piranha 3D?
14. What is the name of the mummy in both the 1932 and 1999 versions of The Mummy?
15. Subtitled “Putting Out Fire”, which David Bowie song was the title track for a 1980s remake of a 1942 horror classic?
“Cat People” in Cat People
16. Which iconic movie monster does Jackie Earle Haley play in a 2010 remake?
Freddy Krueger, in A Nightmare On Elm Street
17. Who plays Carrie White in 2013’s Carrie?
Chloë Grace Moretz
18. Which 2011 horror comedy remake connects Anton Yelchin, Colin Farrell, and David Tennant?
19. Who directed both the German- and American-language versions of Funny Games?
20. “Oh no. No, not the bees! Not the bees! They’re in my eyes! My eyes!” Which horror remake features this quote?
The Wicker Man (“A comedy about tradition, love, and bees”)
21. Which horror filmmaker directed the music video for “Thriller” by Michael Jackson?
22. Which 2021 horror film primarily takes place on a remote beach where people rapidly age?
23. Who plays Sherlock Holmes in Hammer’s 1959 version of The Hound Of The Baskervilles – Peter Cushing or Christopher Lee?
Peter Cushing (Lee co-stars as Sir Henry Baskerville)
24. Baby Pubert is a character in which 1993 comedy sequel?
Addams Family Values
25. What connects John Cleese in 2001 and 2002, Shirley Henderson in 2002 and 2005, and Kelly Macdonald in 2011?
They all play Hogwarts ghosts in Harry Potter – Cleese is Nearly Headless Nick, Henderson is Moaning Myrtle, and Macdonald is Helena “The Grey Lady” Ravenclaw.
26. To date, how many movies in the Halloween franchise are called Halloween?
3 (John Carpenter’s 1978 original, Rob Zombie’s 2007 remake, and David Gordon Green’s 2018 legacy-quel)
27. Which 2001 psychological horror stars Nicole Kidman as the mother of two children with a photosensitive disorder?
28. What is the name of the killer in 1980’s Friday The 13th?
Pamela Voorhees, or Mrs Voorhees (Jason didn’t start coming back over and over again until the sequels)
29. Who plays author RL Stine in the Goosebumps movies?
30. And finally, the Maitlands and the Deetzes are families in which 1980s comedy?
Beetlejuice (dammit, that’s the third time he’s been an answer in this quiz…)
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.