Here are the answers to our quiz from 2nd October 2020 – how did you do?
1. Which film stars Tom Hanks as hitman Michael Sullivan?
Road To Perdition
2. “I’d Do Anything”, “Oom-Pah-Pah”, and “Where Is Love” are songs from which movie musical?
3. Who plays Vietnam veteran Jacob Singer in Jacob’s Ladder?
4. Serenity is the big-screen continuation of which short-lived sci-fi TV series?
5. Born this week, who connects the films Birdman, The Hangover Part II, and The Muppets?
6. Which single-location thriller finds Ryan Reynolds trapped inside a coffin?
7. What is the title of Berlin’s Oscar-winning theme song from Top Gun?
“Take My Breath Away”
8. In Big Daddy, five-year-old Julian names himself after which classic monster movie?
9. In Logan’s Run, at what age citizens are killed by rite of passage?
30 years old
10. Which British comedy film stars Billy Connolly and David Tennant as father and son?
What We Did On Our Holiday
11. Who plays monstrous Russian boxer Ivan Drago in the Rocky series?
12. Starring Jake Gyllenhaal, which 2015 drama takes its name from the term for a left-handed boxer?
13. What family heirloom does Butch Coolidge risk life and limb to retrieve in Pulp Fiction?
A gold watch
14. Billed as “Rocky vs Raging Bull”, which 2014 film casts Sylvester Stallone and Robert De Niro as aging fighters with a score to settle?
15. Who stars as college boxer and werewolf Todd Howard in Teen Wolf Too?
16. What is the first name of Apollo Creed’s son, played by Michael B. Jordan in the Creed movies?
Adonis (or Donnie for short)
17. Which 2011 movie stars Hugh Jackman as the owner and trainer of a robot boxer?
18. Who plays the title character in the 2004 British boxing comedy The Calcium Kid?
19. Which Marvel superhero is the son of murdered fighter Jack Murdock?
Daredevil, in Daredevil
20. Who plays Muhammad Ali in the 1977 biopic The Greatest?
21. What is the name of the Jets’ rival gang in West Side Story?
22. What is the full title of the 1993 sequel to The Addams Family?
Addams Family Values
23. Which real-life TV star is the object of Borat’s desire in Borat?
24. In a 1987 supernatural comedy, Cher, Michelle Pfieffer, and Susan Sarandon play “witches” from which fictional town?
Eastwick, in The Witches Of Eastwick
25. Which 2000 survival thriller stars Chris O’Donnell and Robin Tunney as climbers trapped on K2?
26. Who plays twins Hallie Parker and Annie James in 1998’s The Parent Trap?
27. A Tale Of Two Kitties is the sequel to which family movie?
28. In which country is the zombie film Train To Busan set?
29. Which 2004 Gurinder Chadha movie is a Bollywood-style adaptation of a Jane Austen novel?
Bride And Prejudice
30. And finally, which horror film features characters named Chris Washington, Rose Armitage, and Rod Williams?
Thank you for visiting!
We are fundraising to keep our magazines going into 2021 – could you please support us or spread the word:
Or become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.