Here are the answers to our quiz from 30th April 2021 – how did you do?
1. Released on Disney+ in the UK today, which film won this year’s Academy Award for Best Picture?
2. Who directed Empire Of The Sun?
3. Complete the title of the Sylvester Stallone comedy – Stop! Or My Mom Will…
4. What kind of beast is the subject of Hammer’s The Beast Must Die?
It’s a werewolf (but the film is more concerned with who-wolf)
5. Who plays Alice Creed in the British thriller The Disappearance Of Alice Creed?
6. What is the full title of the sequel to Romancing The Stone?
The Jewel Of The Nile
7. Who reprised their Oscar-winning role from The Fugitive in the spin-off U.S. Marshals?
Tommy Lee Jones
8. Which British drama has TV spin-offs set in 1986, 1988, and 1990?
This Is England
9. Born this week, who connects the 1990s films Jumanji, Small Soldiers, and The Virgin Suicides?
10. Which horror franchise features an astral plane called the Further?
11. What is the name of the computer network that initiates a future war in The Terminator?
12. Who plays female humanoid robot Ava in 2015’s Ex Machina?
13. Which 1951 sci-fi classic features a giant robot called Gort?
The Day The Earth Stood Still
14. Which actor provides the voice of the Iron Giant in 1999’s The Iron Giant?
15. Which 1980s techno-thriller ends with a military supercomputer offering “a nice game of chess”?
16. Voiced by James Spader, which artificial intelligence menaces the Avengers in a 2015 Marvel film?
Ultron, in Avengers, Age Of Ultron
17. Which $1,000-a-day robot theme park is the subject of a 1970s sci-fi thriller of the same name?
Westworld, in Westworld
18. In the Matrix films, Sentinels are nicknamed for their resemblance to what animal?
Squids (hence “squiddies”)
19. Leon, Pris, and Zhora are characters in which sci-fi film?
20. How many Brave Little Toaster movies have been released to date?
3 – those appliances are sneaky…
21. Patriot Games, The Sum Of All Fears, and this week’s streaming release Without Remorse are all based on books by which American author?
22. Which TV quiz show features prominently in Starter For Ten?
23. In which dark comedy does Reese Witherspoon play high-school student Tracy Flick?
24. Who stars as Patrick Swayze’s bereaved girlfriend in 1990’s Ghost?
25. Which 1950 drama ends with the famous quote “All right, Mr. DeMille, I’m ready for my close-up”?
26. Which country connects the films Courage Under Fire, The Devil’s Double, and Three Kings?
27. The Golden Army is the 2008 sequel to which comic book film?
28. Who plays Muriel Heslop in 1995’s Muriel’s Wedding?
29. Princess Giselle is a character in which Disney film?
30. And finally, what role connects Gary Oldman, Timothy Spall, and Christian Slater?
They all played Winston Churchill, in Darkest Hour, The King’s Speech (AND Jackboots On Whitehall) and Churchill: The Hollywood Years, respectively.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.