Here are the answers to our quiz from 30th October 2020 – how did you do?
1. Haunted Halloween is the 2018 sequel to which family film?
2. Who provides the voice of Count Dracula in the Hotel Transylvania movies?
3. In Harry Potter And The Philosopher’s Stone, what kind of creature breaks into Hogwarts on Halloween night?
4. Jack Skellington is the hero of which animated film?
The Nightmare Before Christmas
5. What is the surname of the three witch sisters in Disney’s Hocus Pocus?
6. Who plays Daphne Blake in the live-action Scooby Doo films of the 2000s?
Sarah Michelle Gellar
7. The Other Mother is an antagonist in which children’s animated horror film?
8. Who plays the Grand High Witch in the 2020 version of Roald Dahl’s The Witches?
9. DJ, Chowder, and Mr Nebbercracker are characters in which CG animated film?
10. In which 1995 comedy did Dan Aykroyd reprise his Ghostbusters role for a cameo appearance?
Casper (“Who you gonna call? Someone else…”)
11. “If Nancy doesn’t wake up screaming, she won’t wake up at all” (1984)
A Nightmare On Elm Street
12. “Death doesn’t take no for an answer.” (2000)
13. “Take [her] to the prom. I dare you.” (1976)
14. “Evil runs in the family.” (2018)
15. “Who will survive and what will be left of them?”(1974)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
16. “The monster demands a mate!” (1935)
Bride Of Frankenstein
17. “One curse, one cure, one week to find it.” (1998)
18. “She’s evil. And not just high-school evil.” (2009)
19. “Be afraid. Be very afraid.” (1986)
20. “Something wicked this way hops.” (2005)
Wallace & Gromit In The Curse Of The Wererabbit
21. What is the name of Tom Hanks’ recurring Halloween character (pictured) on Saturday Night Live?
David Pumpkins (or “David S. Pumpkins”)
22. Which classic zombie film is largely set in the Monroeville Mall?
Dawn Of The Dead
23. Who stars as Evelyn Abbott in A Quiet Place?
24. Seymour Krelborn is the main character in which horror musical?
Little Shop Of Horrors
25. Complete the trilogy – I Know What You Did Last Summer, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer…
I’ll Always Know What You Did Last Summer
26. On which continent is John Carpenter’s The Thing set?
27. Born on Halloween, who directed the New Zealand “splatter” horror movies Bad Taste and Braindead?
28. Oliver Jackson-Cohen plays the title character in which 2020 horror movie?
The Invisible Man
29. Including remakes, how many Halloween movies have been released to date?
11 (with two more on the way in 2021 and 2022)
30. And finally, which 1998 horror remake thanks John Woo “for his kitchen knife” in its closing credits?
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.