Here are the answers to our quiz from 3rd December 2021 – how did you do?
1. In cinemas this week, Welcome To Raccoon City is a reboot of which film franchise?
2. Who plays Kris Kringle in the 1990s remake of Miracle On 34th Street?
3. Which Western drama stars Brad Pitt and Casey Affleck as its title characters?
The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford (or of Pitt by Affleck, if you like)
4. Born this week, who connects the films Four Lions, Sound Of Metal, and Venom?
5. In The Goonies, Laurence Cohen is better known by what nickname?
6. “Nothing brings a family together like murder” is the tagline to which whodunnit?
7. Who directed Out Of Sight?
8. Complete the title of the Hammer horror film starring Anton Diffring: The Man Who Could Cheat…
9. Who plays 16-year-old Sarah Williams in Labyrinth?
10. In which animated film does Hugh Jackman voice Roderick St James?
11. On Christmas Eve, a suicidal James Stewart is stuck on a boat with a tiger.
It’s A Wonderful Life Of Pi
12. Peter Falk tells his grandson the story of how Boris Karloff had his wife made to order.
The Princess Bride Of Frankenstein
13. Tom Hanks misses the Moon and a teenager is magically turned into an adult (not him).
Apollo 13 Going On 30
14. Clint Eastwood hunts a killer who has escaped from a jail for wizards.
Dirty Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban
15. Tilda Swinton is understandably troubled by a big-screen spin-off of Harry Enfield & Chums.
We Need To Talk About Kevin And Perry Go Large
16. Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, and Lucy Liu uncover a conspiracy at the Vatican.
Charlie’s Angels & Demons
17. Ben Affleck uses his financial know-how to rob technology from the Avengers and an evil businessman.
18. Billy Crystal and Danny DeVito’s conspiratorial commute is interrupted by Korean zombies.
Throw Momma From The Train To Busan
19. Future £20 artist Timothy Spall paints and solves a crime with the help of a canine sidekick.
Mr Turner & Hooch
20. Mark Wahlberg battles corrupt police officers and narrow-minded politicians in this Oscar-winning comedy sequel.
The DeparTed 2
21. In what decade is West Side Story set?
22. Who plays vampire warrior Selene in the Underworld movies?
23. What number goes after Super, Hard, and Butterfield to make the titles of three different movies?
Eight (as in 2011’s Super 8, 1996’s Hard Eight, and 1960’s Butterfield 8)
24. Who directed the 1980s films Cocoon, Splash, and Willow?
25. What comes next in this sequence – The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe; Prince Caspian…?
The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader – these are the Chronicles Of Narnia movies of the 2000s…
26. Johnny Depp plays which notorious film director in the 1994 biopic of the same name?
Ed Wood, in Ed Wood
27. 1976’s The Slipper And The Rose is an adaptation of which fairy tale?
28. In which country is Lost In Translation set?
29. Who connects the 1990s films Batman & Robin, Henry & June, and Mad Dog And Glory?
Uma Thurman (she’s in two of three of those title duos)
30. And finally, Michael Lane is the title character in which film series?
Magic Mike, which is soon to be a trilogy…
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.
Become a Patron here.