Here are the answers to our quiz from 3rd July 2020 – how did you do?
- Which cult classic fantasy stars Harry Hamlin as the Greek hero Perseus? – Clash Of The Titans
- Who stars as an insurance investigator opposite Sean Connery’s professional thief in Entrapment? – Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Walking On Sunshine is a jukebox musical featuring songs from which decade? – The 1980s
- Released in the UK this week, which horror sequel is also known by the subtitle Dead By Dawn? – Evil Dead II
- What kind of animal is Amy in the Michael Crichton adaptation Congo? – She’s a silverback gorilla
- Born this week, who plays Austin Powers in Goldmember’s opening film-within-a-film, Austinpussy? – Tom Cruise
- The Four Horsemen are a criminal gang in which caper movie and its sequel? – Now You See Me
- Who plays Madison the mermaid in Splash? – Daryl Hannah
- Soldado is the sequel to which 2015 crime drama? – Sicario
- What is the name of the lead chicken, voiced by Julia Sawalha, in Chicken Run? – Ginger
- In which film does Smith punch an alien in the face and quip “Welcome to Earth”? – Independence Day
- Who plays the dual roles of US marshall Artemus Gordon and President Ulysses S. Grant in Wild Wild West? – Kevin Kline
- Which 2019 animated comedy centres around secret-agent-turned-pigeon Lance Sterling, voiced by Smith? – Spies In Disguise
- Which Tony Scott surveillance thriller stars Smith as a lawyer on the run from the NSA? – Enemy Of The State
- What is the name of the robot accused of murder in I, Robot? – Sonny
- Men In Black was a chart-topping song as well as a smash-hit blockbuster, but what was the title of Smith’s theme song from Men In Black II? – Black Suits Comin’ (Nod Ya Head)
- Which Smith-starring superhero movie was co-written by Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan? – Hancock
- Who directed 2013’s After Earth, starring Will and his son Jaden as Cypher and Kitai Raige? – M. Night Shyamalan
- Which of Batman’s adversaries does Smith play in Suicide Squad? – Deadshot
- In which comedy does Smith play ESPN sports news presenter Jeff Bullington? – Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
- How many Mad Max movies have been released to date? – 4 (Mad Max, The Road Warrior, Beyond Thunderdome, and Fury Road)
- Which 2018 Disney film starred Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda as a Cockney lamplighter called Jack? – Mary Poppins Returns
- Who plays Hogwarts professor Horace Slughorn in the Harry Potter films? – Jim Broadbent
- In the Smokey And The Bandit movies, who did Burt Reynolds play – Smokey or the Bandit? – The Bandit
- Whose title roles include Hanna, Lady Bird, and Mary, Queen of Scots? – Saoirse Ronan
- Which sports-themed 2004 romcom saw Paul Bettany woo Kirsten Dunst at the tournament of the same name? – Wimbledon
- Set in South Africa, which sci-fi film is based on Neill Blomkamp’s short film Alive In Joburg? – District 9
- Welcome To The Jungle and The Next Level are sequels to which 1990s family movie? – Jumanji
- Who connects the comic book movies Dredd, RED, and Thor: Ragnarok? – Karl Urban
- And finally, according to its title, which Bruce Willis movie is worth £6,000? – A monkey is Cockney slang for 500 quid, so that’ll be Twelve Monkeys to you, sunshine.
Thank you for visiting! If you’d like to support our attempts to make a non-clickbaity movie website:
Become a Patron here.
Sign up for our email newsletter here.
Buy our Film Stories and Film Stories Junior print magazines here.